Freelance work and employment verification

spanningtreespanningtree Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
In a demila,

I submitted my resume with freelance/cash IT job that I was doing in while at college.

While having a brief phone interview they said that there will be s employment verification check so it won't show on my work history.

I have an interview in person and not sure if I should cancel or continue with going to the interview

I could resubmit my resume again but not sure that will make a difference

I removed the freelance work for future submissions

Just not sure what to do and stressed out about the situation

Comments

• LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't take it off your resume or cancel the interview. Even for the interview, you can always explain that you did it for cash and didn't have an actual employer.

Is it possible to contact a few of your clients and ask them for a reference?
  • EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It depends, if you indicated it was freelance, it won't be a big deal, as they knew it ahead of time. If you put a fake company name to make it sound better, then you're screwed, and it's your own fault for using deception on your resume.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Even if it were for a background investigation for top secret clearance, I'd leave it on. Let the investigators worry about how to investigate and if they have questions, they know how to contact you.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't see the dilemma unless you lied EnderWiggin pointed out.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • spanningtreespanningtree Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didn't indicate it was freelance and just used the company name.

I'll mention it was for the interview