Options

Ccna cyber ops cohort 6

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey are you guys ready for cohort 6. I'm Ready to goicon_thumright.gificon_study.gif!!!!!!!!!
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Options
    McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am also starting cohort 6 and am scheduled to sit the CCNA Security Exam on the 4th of April. Got a busy time ahead of me. Good luck with your studies.
    2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
    2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.
  • Options
    relegatedrelegated Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Also in cohort 6, currently going through the SECFND material
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Knocked out module 1 yesterday. Mostly review for me but for the less experienced or new to IT, this looks like quality training IMO.
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck all the best! :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    Are you guys using any other materials to study. I originally planned on using just the e-learning material but I'm starting to think I might need something else.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    jasojaso Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have bought the official cert book (only for the first part so far). By a quick look I would say it is copying the course topics, but I didn’t have a time to take a deeper look yet.

I have a saved conversation somewhere from linkedin cisco netacad group, where they are discussing what is needed more - I think they mentioned that the mentors have some documents that are able to fill gaps in certain areas.
  • Options
    SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cohort 6 member as well.
  • Options
    mactexmactex Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cohort 6 as well. Should be fun!
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm on cohort 6 as well. I just purchased both books from Cisco press. Good luck all!
  • Options
    packetphilterpacketphilter Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    McElhinney wrote: »
    I am also starting cohort 6 and am scheduled to sit the CCNA Security Exam on the 4th of April. Got a busy time ahead of me. Good luck with your studies.

How'd it go?
  • Options
    McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How'd it go?

It went really well and I passed on first attempt! I am so glad that I can now dedicate all my time to Cohort 6.
    2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
    2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Are you guys using any other materials to study. I originally planned on using just the e-learning material but I'm starting to think I might need something else.

I bought the official cert books. Got them when they were on sale for 50% off. I haven't started just yet, but will be soon.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm debating getting the cert books too. I've completed a few of the section modules already, and while this is quality study material, there were a few questions on the chapter assessments that I feel that the training did not cover in-depth - which is a good thing because I learned a few new things by looking it up on external sites. I'm curious if the cert books cover these few gaps.
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm just using the study materials. Already blew through the first 14 modules. Now I'm going to go back and go through the labs.
  • Options
    Shane2Shane2 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I bought the official cert books. Got them when they were on sale for 50% off. I haven't started just yet, but will be soon.

I bought the 210-250 book, and realized that while very informative, it covered A LOT that was not on the exam. I didn’t even bother with the 210-255 book. And my buddy who did cohort 5 with me said the 255 study guide had just as much filler.

Just an FYI
  • Options
    Shane2 wrote: »
    I bought the 210-250 book, and realized that while very informative, it covered A LOT that was not on the exam. I didn’t even bother with the 210-255 book. And my buddy who did cohort 5 with me said the 255 study guide had just as much filler.

Just an FYI

Very Interesting............I'll probably hold off on getting books for now. I'm Almost finished with module 1.
    :

• Options
    Shane2Shane2 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Very Interesting............I'll probably hold off on getting books for now. I'm Almost finished with module 1.

Honestly you really don't need it. With your certs you'll be more than fine. The provided material is more than enough. Make sure you attend at the very least the exam prep mentor sessions.
  • Options
    asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am going to spent more time on labs then videos
  • Options
    packetphilterpacketphilter Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the first exam, I'm just using the supplied e-materials. A lot of the stuff is review for me anyways. For the second exam, I may purchase the supplemental materials. Looking forward to being able to get the first exam out of the way, renew my CCNA R&S, and move on to SECOPS.
  • Options
    peter17peter17 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to know if cyberops scholarship will grant me if I am a third party customer, partner, vendor, supplier, or service provider, currently doing business with Cisco?