Options

Looks like they made the N10-007 exam easier than the N10-006 exam

satam55satam55 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just found this certmag.com article from November written by Emmett Dulaney (The dude who writes the Network+ Exam Cram books and also writes the A+ & Security+ books for Sybex): An overview of changes to CompTIA's new Network+ exam - CertMag

He breaks down the differences between the 2 versions of the exams & he clearly feels that N10-007 exam is easier. The key excerpt from the article is:
Audience

While A+ certification has always been recommended but never required, N10-006 additionally suggested Network+ candidates should have nine months of experience in network support or administration. N10-007 now suggests nine-to-12 months of work experience, but that experience should be in IT networking.

There can be a considerable difference between nine months experience in networking and nine months experience in network administration. To complement this change, complex objectives requiring hands-on knowledge have been depreciated in favor of more conceptual and/or knowledge-based ones. Configuration, for example, of firewalls, DNS, and other components has largely been replaced by more focus on the concepts themselves.

EDIT:

Also, I'm watched a Webinar from February with with CompTIA's Director of Product Management for the Network+ exam. When talking about the major difference between the N10-006 & the N10-007 exams, she talks about that the N10-006 was geared towards Network Administrators, while the new updated N10-007 is geared towards Junior Network & Systems Admins.

Skip to the 17:45 mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWnOMQxkzYQ

Comments

• Options
    JimmySquaredJimmySquared Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I understand that the N10-007 will not be out till August 2018... So they must be speculating based on the listed N10-007 objectives..
  • Options
    satam55satam55 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I understand that the N10-007 will not be out till August 2018... So they must be speculating based on the listed N10-007 objectives..
    What are you talking about? The N10-007 was released last month.
  • Options
    WhoDunWillisWhoDunWillis Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    satam55 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? The N10-007 was released last month.

I'm guessing he noticed the month N10-006 retires in and assumed this was when N10-007 was released?

Anyways, this is very interesting for my situation. I'm new to this field from a technical POV and decided on Net+ as my first cert. I've been studying N10-006 and haven't purchased a voucher yet,.. so now I'm wondering if I should just brush up on any new key topics in 007 and just go for that instead.