Options

Cert logos on resume good or bad

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey All:

Hope your day is going well. We all know that with most certifications you achieve, you get a logo. From more experienced pros, do you feel that adding cert logos for achieved and active certifications on your resume looks tacky/cheesy or does it have any added benefits to make it stand out? If it does look good and not like a brochure, how many logos would you say would be enough. I was thinking 2-3 maybe 4 at the most. Thanks all!! Have a good weekend!

Comments

• Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cheesy beyond belief.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey All:

Hope your day is going well. We all know that with most certifications you achieve, you get a logo. From more experienced pros, do you feel that adding cert logos for achieved and active certifications on your resume looks tacky/cheesy or does it have any added benefits to make it stand out? If it does look good and not like a brochure, how many logos would you say would be enough. I was thinking 2-3 maybe 4 at the most. Thanks all!! Have a good weekend!

Masta...you could fill up 1 or 2 pages with logos with the certs you have! :) Go for it!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You aren't going to impress anybody worthwhile with a pretty logo on a traditionally text only document.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There is a place for cert logos. A resume is not that place, it looks unorofessional.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Agreed. I was just curious as I was looking on google and found a few people's resumes with their certification logos. Thanks y'all!!
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Just the certificates, not the logo.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Resume be looking like a NASCAR lol.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    N7ValiantN7Valiant Member Posts: 363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bad. Just list your most impressive certificates first. If they're valued at all, HR would already be searching for them, and I feel that unnecessary images might screw up the ATS software.
    OSCP
    MCSE: Core Infrastructure
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+ CE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah that is true. It would look like a giant ad/brochure.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    In all honesty, you should be striving to the point where your experience trumps any certifications you might have. Also, HR just uses keyword searches to find certifications so adding logos is a no value added thing to do.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    EANx wrote: »
    There is a place for cert logos. A resume is not that place, it looks unorofessional.

So says the guy who misspells professional. icon_redface.gif
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Resume be looking like a NASCAR lol.
    that made me laugh! Lol
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think it would look cool to have all of your cert sponsor logos at the bottom of your CV.

"This alphabet soup brought to you to by Cisco, CompTIA, EC-Council, GIAC, Microsoft, and more."
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    So says the guy who misspells professional. icon_redface.gif

Holy cow, a spelling error on an internet forum. So glad I was the first person to ever do that.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Too bad they don't have iron on patches for my blue jean jacket...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChQK8j6so8
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP