Options

CCNA Cyber Ops Certified!

Shane2Shane2 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I passed SECOPS today with a dismal 825, but a pass is a pass. SECFND took 2 tries, I found SECOPS easier.

My advice to anyone taking these exams is to jump right into SECOPS after SECFND, as there is some overlap.

I was in cohort 5 of the scholarship, the exam prep materials distributed by the mentors were critical.

Rock on!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! How did you find both of the exams? Any advice you can give? I have the scholarship in July for cyber ops and I hope to pass the 1st time!
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

What does the exam prep material from the mentors include? I was planning on just using the e-learning.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    Congrats!

What does the exam prep material from the mentors include? I was planning on just using the e-learning.

I'm in cohort 6 also and I'm considering using the e-learning material.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward for SecOps :D!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    Thanks. I thought SECFNDD was harder than SECOPS, probably because there is a lot more to cover in SECFND.

And really the only advice I can give is to pay attention to what the mods say. The curriculum is enough to pass, although you will need a few other sources for SECOPS(REGEX and the NIST docs).

Overall I really enjoyed the experience.
  • Options
    The Exam prep material just maps the exam objectives to the e-learning course content.
  • Options
    peter17peter17 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to know if cyberops scholarship will grant me if I am a third party customer, partner, vendor, supplier, or service provider, currently doing business with Cisco?
  • Options
    amjad175amjad175 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pseudonym wrote: »

https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/specialpublications/nist.sp.800-61r2.pdf
    https://ws680.nist.gov/publication/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=50875

These 2 NIST documents are central to 210-255 (Sec-Ops), heavy reading though! You _will_ need to know these to pass.
    Other crucial areas; PCI - DSS standard and HIPAA

https://vwannabe.com/category/cisco/ - Mostly Sec-Fnd (210-250) but some Sec-Ops covered. Very good bite sized answers to most exam blue print topics.

This should get you started for the next cohort, enjoy. icon_smile.gif