What type of fire extinguisher do you have for your lab?

packetphilterpacketphilter Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
For your home lab, computers, etc...
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Bucket of water and a wet towel in the kitchen
  • packetphilterpacketphilter Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Geez, you guys are a bunch of cowboys.
  • spanningtreespanningtree Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tannerite

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ^ this guys blow up stuff HAHA

BTW, can we edit the poll to add an option "Firestarter was inspired by me"?
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I take it something caught on fire for you the other day.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    ^ this guys blow up stuff HAHA

BTW, can we edit the poll to add an option "Firestarter was inspired by me"?

Heh. Tried, but couldn't find a way to edit the poll, only the post.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No shortage of ABC fire extinguishers in my house anymore. Approaching the two year mark of losing everything and most of our pets to a house fire. It's strange how that changes you, nothing but the best quality electrical components money can buy is all I'll use now. Surge protectors or power strips encased in plastic? Nope, no thank you!
    No shortage of ABC fire extinguishers in my house anymore. Approaching the two year mark of losing everything and most of our pets to a house fire. It's strange how that changes you, nothing but the best quality electrical components money can buy is all I'll use now. Surge protectors or power strips encased in plastic? Nope, no thank you!

Sorry for your losses. Was a plastic power strip how it started? Do you think you could have stopped it if you had a fire extinguisher on hand?

While I haven't had a fire, I'm still cautious about such things. All my power strips and surge suppressors are metal-cased Tripp-Lite. I won't use a plastic-cased UPS either.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Every few months I think to my self "This is the month that I will buy fire extinguishers" but still I have none, I installed a cheap fire alarm last year, fire extinguishers still pending... maybe I will get them this month.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    In the spirit of the original question, I have 7 ABC extinguishers throughout my house: each room has one, kitchen, garage, and basement. Never had an issue with fire but it is at the very top of my threat model.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry for your losses. Was a plastic power strip how it started? Do you think you could have stopped it if you had a fire extinguisher on hand?

While I haven't had a fire, I'm still cautious about such things. All my power strips and surge suppressors are metal-cased Tripp-Lite. I won't use a plastic-cased UPS either.

It was caused by older wiring in the walls so it probably would have been difficult to stop with an extinguisher on hand since it would have been burning within the wall for a while before being clear there was a fire.

Just experiencing first hand how fire can change everything instantly was all it took to instill a bit of fear into me whereas before I knew it was a potential threat, it just went mostly ignored. Now there are extinguishers throughout, fire escape ladders upstairs in the kids rooms, our home security system is interfaced with our CO and smoke detectors as well now.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I use gasoline, "Fight Fire with Fire I say!"
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.