Blackhat USA 2018

636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
Anybody else going to Vegas this year besides me?

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'll be at BSidesLV and DEF CON 26.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm likely going to BSides Vega$. Not yet sure about anything else.

Edit: Bought my BSides ticket that other night. Probably not going to anything else. The wife and I might make it a vacation when BSides is done.
  • meni0nmeni0n Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Going to try to make it to BSides and Def Con
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ill be at BH and Defcon
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Well, had planned to be at BH or DefCon, but I have to wait and see what shakes out with a new job. Am still trying to get to one or the other.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    FYI: DEF CON 26 admission is US$280 cash at the door.

https://defcon.org/
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’d love to. Probably not in the cards for me though.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will be at BH for training. I could not get it arranged to stay for Defcon ... hoping next year.
  • cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Defcon definitely, Blackhat - I'm trying
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll be in Vegas that week!
  • zlykotzlykot Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thread bump topic: I'm thinking about going for my Extra Class amateur radio license at DEF CON his year. I have absolutely no reason to other than to renew my license that I never use.
  • kasgaromeokasgaromeo Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will be at a classroom at BH.
    TeKniques wrote: »
    I will be at BH for training. I could not get it arranged to stay for Defcon ... hoping next year.

Are you in AWE?
    kasgaromeo wrote: »
    Are you in AWE?

Yes, a colleague and I will both be in the AWE course.
    Yes, a colleague and I will both be in the AWE course.

I will see you in the class then,

Nice to meet you.
    Very cool! Nice to meet you as well. I am totally planning and prepared to struggle through it :)
    Very cool! Nice to meet you as well. I am totally planning and prepared to struggle through it :)

Yes, I actually set my mindset as you did lol. But, as you know try harder and we will conquer it even if it won't be in the class.

Have a good night, by the way.
    Same to you, and see you in class!
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    On another interesting note, if anyone cares, August 3rd - 5th in the same hotel as Blackhat Mandalay Bay, EVO 2018 will be happening lol

EVO is the world Street Fighter tournament. I believe the tickets are only for the 5th which is a sunday and which is for the finals. I bought my ticket and plan on going sunday afternoon right after training. Tickets were only $28 not including tax and service fee ($40ish). One just has to walk down to the arena/stadium area.

Evo 2018 Championship Series | Official Website of the Evolution 2018 World Championship Series

$20 off until tomorrow.
    https://www.axs.com/events/350541/evo-2018-world-finals-tickets?skin=mandalaybay

Always wanted to go to EVO. Its on the same weekend and hotel as blackhat, why not enjoy a sunday afternoon after class, watching the best street fighter players around the world lol

Here is a little more about EVO.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXSfVCQx6eg

Ill be at EVO sunday night after class. See any of you there!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    Take HAM Radio Exams at DEF CON 26!

Ham Radio Exams
    Event Location: Anzio, Caesars Palace (next to the Registration area and the Data Duplication Village)
    Friday: 10:00-16:00, Saturday: 12:00-18:00
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have this silly thing where I won't go to Blackhat or RSA because of all the spam that I get from companies saying "Coming to BlackHat! Visit us at booth xzy".

I will miss DefCon this year unfortunately.
    YouTube playlist of early releases of BSidesLV 2018 videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvbGLGCEVv7qM544P_oqy7ZI_FFAtYVJr

Videos of DEF CON 26 presentations will likely be released on YT in December 2018.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP