CIPP/E Self-Study

PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Can anyone recommend a good book or video series (or both) for the CIPP/E from iapp? I'm looking to do CIPP/E through to CIPM and on to CISSP and the like after. :)
Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert

Comments

• senwarsenwar Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend European Data Protection Law & Practice from the IAPP (https://iapp.org/store/books/a191a000002F94uAAC/). You can get a print copy or electronic.

I attended the DPO readiness course but found the exam very hard until the above was released in November. That book coupled with a clear knowledge and understanding of GDPR is very important in my opinion. In addition to this, the Exam Blueprint and Body of Knowledge is helpful, and I found Chapter 2 being the key one to focus on
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's exactly why I'm doing it, thank you. :) I'm taking up a DPO role within my company and am looking to make sure I'm walking in with the right knowledge. :) Thanks!
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • senwarsenwar Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd definitely say its something you can do via self study and for the sake of $75 the book definitely gives you the IAPP slant on things including terminology and an understanding of how to answer a specific question/topic.

Looking at your sig, you will have picked sufficient knowledge up during the PECB course - and as I say, couple that with the book and a knowledge of GDPR you should have the tools to get you through. Just consider the CIPP/E is very IAPP focussed, hence my comment about understanding the answer etc.

Good luck and congratulations in picking up the role
  • AlwaysStudyingAlwaysStudying Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi
    I am doing the CIPPe - self study route, like my previous 30 odd certs.
    Do search for CIPPe, if you haven't already on this forum, Lizette....something has a great guide, I'm using this, along with the official European Data Protection -Law and Practice book, CIPPe blueprint and the sample questions, I've scheduled for this month, let us know how you get on...
  • SarumanOfManyColoursSarumanOfManyColours Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Self-study, using the IAPP textbook and numerous free online webinars (both IAPP and others, including law firms.) I have a legal background, and have worked in IT audit and compliance for the past year.