Options

A+ 902 Passed (A+ Certified)

Big BoneBig Bone Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed 902 with a score of 872. I find 902 a bit easier than 901. I used mike meyers A+ book , professor messor video and tutor led from an IT institution.
Am thinking of doing Network + or CCNA.
Any advice on what route to take.

Comments

• Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats Big Bone!

As far as your next certs go it depends on experience. If you have little to no IT experience then I recommend going for the Network+. It does an excellent job building your foundational knowledge in networking. After which then I'd recommend taking the CCNA exam in parts, ICND1 and ICND2. ICND1 will earn you the CCENT which covers the basic Cisco networking knowledge enough for a small enterprise area. The Network+ covers a good portion of the topics you'll see in ICDN1. ICND2 will earn you the complete CCNA cert for Routing and Switching (kinda like taking the 901 and 902 earns you the A+ cert).

This is how I'm currently going about it but that's just me. It really depends how experienced and/or comfortable you are with the material.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    Big BoneBig Bone Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Good to know what you used to study. I'm currently using 2 of the study materials you did. I'm studying longer for the 902 than i did for the 901. I want to pass with a higher score than i did on the 901.
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • Options
    bluewarlord8bluewarlord8 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What was ur study plan and how long did it take u to complete ur 902?
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, MTA: Server Admin, MS Azure Fundamentals & CCST - Networking.
  • Options
    h1997potterh1997potter Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all, If anyone's interested I'm selling 2 vouchers for A+ exams. Each for only $75.

Here are my 2 eBay postings:

CompTIA A+ Cheapest (901 or 902) only $75 ( Expires Dec.2018 ) (2) http://r.ebay.com/MKhfYG

CompTIA A+ Cheapest (901 or 902) only $75 ( Expires Dec.2018 ) http://r.ebay.com/cfsYWS