Options

New job offer: double my current pay!

draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've been unhappy the last few months at my current company. I was just not learning anything new, combine that with no chance for advancement and I was starting to burn out.

I've been going to a few interviews, just to try.

I decided to just try for an interview which was essentially a junior system admin role. I did not think I would get the job. Just the hourly rate was more than I make in overtime!

It turns I did great and I've received an offer letter will be starting soon.

What I really want emphasize here is to try interview for roles even if you think you're unqualified! Try for that tougher position don't just settle into a rut and stop learning. That's what drove me to look for me new position and it's a great attitude to have.

Comments

• Options
    Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Excellent news. Congrats.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! Great advice for fellow TE members.
    draught wrote: »
    I did not think I would get the job. Just the hourly rate was more than I make in overtime!

It turns I did great and I've received an offer letter will be starting soon.

Sounds familiar to me. Sometimes, when you go in for an interview with nothing to loose and give it your all.. things just work out.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Same situation my current job: poor work conditions, bad management/employment treatment, revolving door, low pay and no where to go

I'm going to keep on trying and applying to new work places
    What I really want emphasize here is to try interview for roles even if you think you're unqualified! Try for that tougher position don't just settle into a rut and stop learning. That's what drove me to look for me new position and it's a great attitude to have.

Taking this advice!

Congrats on the role,

update us later on and tell us what you are learning

good to hear success stories
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!!!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome congrats!! I’m in a similar situation and looking to move into a new role!! I’m deep into a technical project manager interview and excited to hear the results...

Once again congrats and let us know about the job as you continue to advance. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□

This is a good point, often the job description is the companies ideal dream candidate, few people can fill every requirement. So long as I can meet at least a good portion of what they are looking for, I'll apply.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.