Options

New Position

scadascada Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
So it has been a while...

I thought I would provide an update on my job situation. Moved from Hawaii to Dallas Area.

Old positions IT Security analyst III & NOC analyst. Yes I was working both full time positions.

New position ISSE (ISSM Project Position) and I have started applying to two doctorate of Science programs: information assurance .

I never tested for HCISSP... too many things going on with the move and personal life .

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    scada wrote: »
    So it has been a while...

I thought I would provide an update on my job situation. Moved from Hawaii to Dallas Area.

Were you kidnapped? Held at gun point? I can't imagine have a decent job and leaving Hawaii. Who did you work for? Your old job still open?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Dallas, at least, is less expensive to live than Hawaii. icon_wink.gif Congrats to the new position.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congratulations on all the achievements , well done :)

Will you be doing your PhD online or on campus?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Were you kidnapped? Held at gun point? I can't imagine have a decent job and leaving Hawaii. Who did you work for? Your old job still open?

LOL. My cousin and her husband, who are both dentists, just left Hawaii to move back to Texas. Lived in Hawaii for a couple years. They liked Texas more.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    LOL. My cousin and her husband, who are both dentists, just left Hawaii to move back to Texas. Lived in Hawaii for a couple years. They liked Texas more.

I'm sure it can suck if you don't have a good job, it's an expensive place to live and there are some poor slum areas. If you have a good job and live in a nice area, I can't believe there are people that willing leave.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    scadascada Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will be doing the PHD online (Once I get in)

I know for sure that one of my job is still open.

Why did leave Hawaii? Career progression..... combined with Divorce. But more career progression.