Options

Crest cpsa

monkeychildmonkeychild Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

Well! I failed the CPSA exam today (boo). I was shocked with the content if I am honest. Not having a course guide or a set of boundaries sucks, the exam overview is too broad IMHO. There are 2 training providers who are mucho £££ to do the course with, which makes me feel like it's a bit money grabby. Anyway, I am currently sulking and thinking about where I need to brush up to sit it again.

Comments

• Options
    nebula105nebula105 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey monkeychild, how close was the exam to the exam overview?

Do share more of your exam experience, and what training materials you used :)
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not having a course guide or a set of boundaries sucks, the exam overview is too broad IMHO.

I took and passed CPSA exam last year. I did not attend any course and chose to self-study.

Reading materials are listed on CREST - Ethical Security Testers and the page has a download link to CRT/CPSA Technical Syllabus. IMHO, the exam questions are well within scope as defined by technical syllabus

Suggest you go through the suggested reading materials, and use the technical syllabus to guide you on the topics to study.
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was interested in CREST because Trustwave regards it pretty highly. Looking at the exam topics it seemed rather broad like you mentioned. How difficult would you say it is? Anything you can compare it to?
  • Options
    t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking to book my exam soon, was thinking the syllabus would be sufficient from what CREST have referenced themselves. I guess the question is to how much depth you need to understand the various areas.