Options

New Job Issue and Job offer..

nothimagainnothimagain Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Making an update thread regarding the job i just took. Turns out its not what i thought it would be.. Mostly tacacs account creation, firewall acls , and dns entries . How hard is it to land a legit network engineer/admin role with the DoD/Government?(Im doing cleared work btw)

Anyways i got another job offer from another company offering me 10k more as a network engineer and it would be doing work for a different department but still cleared work . Idk if i should just leave the company i just got hired at (only been here for 3 weeks) and hopefully the new place is a true networking role or stay here for a year even though its prolly going to set me back and wont be learning much. hardly any work and theres crap load of change management.

Comments

• Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You gotta look out for #1, which is yourself. I say take the new position and don't bother putting this 3 week job on your resume.
  • Options
    byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't even waste your time staying at the current gig. I wasted my time working for places were I didn't learn anything and there was barely any work. I regretted every minute of it. Soul sucking honestly.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • Options
    SquishedSquished Member Posts: 191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Leave. Wouldn't even think twice about it.
    [2018] - A+ 901 (PASS), A+ 902 (PASS), Project+ (PASS), Security+ (PASS), Network+(PASS), CySA, Cloud+
    [2018] - MBA - IT Management - WGU (PASS)

HR: “What if we train them and they leave?”
    ME: “What if we don’t train them and they stay?”