Passed 103 & 104

twolefteyestwolefteyes CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, CCNP R/SPosts: 30Member ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed both with pretty good scores. It was difficult at times but over all i think the book i had prepared me for it, plus my instructor highlighted areas that were exacly on the exam.

Book: CompTIA Linux+ Guide to Linux Certifications by Jasion W. Eckert
Certifications:
[x]A+
[x]Net+
[x]Sec+
[x]Linux+
[x]CCNP R/S
[?] Whats next?

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 4,007Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif

What is next?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63, GCP Architect, Series 65
  • SpiegelSpiegel Taco Tuesday FLPosts: 272Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!

What were your study methods? How long did it take you to study and feel prepared for the exam?
    Degree: WGU B.S. Information Technology - Security [In-Progress]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT
    Currently Working On: CCNA: R & S

2019 Goals: CCENT [X], CCNA: R & S [ ], CCNA Security, CCDA
    Future Certs: LPI Linux Essentials | Project+ [ ] | CCNP R & S | CCNP Security | MDAA
  • twolefteyestwolefteyes CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, CCNP R/S Posts: 30Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think what's next is Network+ get that out of the way.

Mostly book and in-class lectures. I would go home every day and do the labs which were all in command line and prepared me for most things. I was a little nervous about the questions. There were a few things that were on the test that weren't in the book so i had to guess on the test. I was in class for about 2 months so studying for that long.
    Certifications:
    [x]A+
    [x]Net+
    [x]Sec+
    [x]Linux+
    [x]CCNP R/S
    [?] Whats next?
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Senior Member NCPosts: 734Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • shochanshochan Senior Member Posts: 850Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Probably will pursue this cert in 2019...I love Linux and use the GUI for many years, I just need to get some lab exercises to beat their cmd syntax in my brain & I will be on my way to the dark side...lol
    2019 goals -> CySA+ (Sept)
    "It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good" ~ Danny Carey
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,173Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • phariuspharius Posts: 71Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job!