Options

re-schedule issues 24hrs

christians1christians1 Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone have to deal with the dbags from ISC2 when trying to re-schedule within 24hrs due to an emergency? I had an emergency(very personal emergency) and could not make my exam the following day. I tried to re-schedule the day before and I couldnt. I called Pearson vue and they said they could not help I had to call ISC2. So I did.. They were fing idiots. Very cold about it.. and ask me to supply proof(personal info) that my emergency was legit. I am not going to supply personal info to a complete stranger because they have a 24 hr rule for their silly exam. What is this the 5th grade? I asked why the policy is like that! They could not answer what the reason for it.. and kept being extreamly cold about it.

Some things are just to personal and more important.

I just couldnt believe how cold and lack of a personality the customer service rep was.

anyone go through this?

My Company said they agreed with me and if I wanted they will pay for the cert again.. But at this point i dont think its worth it if ISC2 they act like their **** dont stink.

Comments

• Options
    mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They have a public policy for rescheduling and cancellation; it must be done prior to 24 hours before your exam. It sounds like they were willing to make an exception for you, provided you were willing to demonstrate that you actually had an emergency. That's fine if you weren't willing to share that information with them, but then I don't see how they are responsible to make an exception just because you want one.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • Options
    christians1christians1 Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats the thing they didnt sound very assuring it would be approved to be re-scheduled. They said "Ill take a look and my mgr will have to look and decide if we will allow it" I said does it usually get approved when you supply the info. They said "it may it may not"... felt like I was being treated like a 5th grader talking to a teacher about late homework...

I guess Im just wondering if anyone has ever had to do it and did they allow it. Not that I was thinking they would allow me to re-schedule without proof.. Which Im not sharing the info and Im fine with it.. It is how they act like dbags when I asked.
  • Options
    mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In all honesty, I would re-evaluate when you've had some time to cool off. I can understand being stressed from a personal emergency and an upcoming exam. But judging the value of the certification itself based on an interaction with one customer service rep doesn't make much sense.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU