Options

Failed 748

gins007gins007 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yesterday I was crazy enough to take the A+ Hardware and Security+ exams. Passed the A+ Hardware test. So now I have A+ and Network+ done.
I thought I was ready for security+ but apparently not. That test tough. I'm using the **** practice test. Anyone else using it?
I'm planning on retaking Security+ at the end of June.

Comments

• Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Sorry to hear that you failed. What topics did you see most on the exam? I will be taking this exam on June 24, and I am nervous. Study, and you'll pass it next time, don't worry.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    The majority of questions I missed were from the communication security objectives. There was one question on backups. Questions on certificates, cryptography ( symetric vs asymetric) and PKI. 1 wireless question on which encyprtion method to use for security equivalent to a wired network. Among the choices were WEP and WPA. I chose WEP.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    how do you **** and then still fail?
  • Options
    qazxswedcqazxswedc Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    don't worry gins007, you'll definetly pass on your second try with just a little more study and revision on those areas where you were rusty.

There's something i kind of learned along the way, which is :don't study just enough to pass, study till you reach a point that you're confident that you'll really pass, b/c enough to pass, might just not be enough.
    sacrifice=results=success=happiness
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240

Was wondering the same thing.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    tibul wrote:

Was wondering the same thing.

Even learning the **** sheet was too hard :p
  • Options
    FYI I used the practice exam from **** to study. www.****.com
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gins007 wrote:
    FYI I used the practice exam from xxxxxxxxxx to study. www.xxxxxxxxxx.com

gins007, I don't think you get it. The practice test you are using is AKA: A Braindump and is considered a **** test. Maybe you didn't know, but were here to tell you.

Get some decent practice tests (Transcender) and a good Book to help you prepare better so you can pass.