MCSA: Server 2016 prerequisite

orange81orange81 Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
[FONT=&quot]What are the actual skill requirements before pursuing MCSA: Server 2016?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Microsoft says the candidate needs to have "foundational IT skills" and one of the exam description mentions they should have experience with Data Deduplication, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Storage Spaces Direct, and Failover Clustering solutions and be familiar with managing Hyper-V and Containers.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
I am taking the MCSA to learn these items. I remember when I acquired the MCSA 5 or 6 years ago I did not have plenty of experience but still understood and passed the exams.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
I have worked as an IT Support tech for about 12 years with experience administering and troubleshooting servers/network equipment, I am CCNA and MCSA (6 years ago) certified. Would I do okay with pursuing the MCSA Server 2016 or is a lot of experience necessary working with the Hyper-V, Containers, Storage Space Direct, etc...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Thank you![/FONT]

Comments

• N7ValiantN7Valiant Member Posts: 363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They don't exactly check your bona fides before you take the exam.

As far as practical skills, I would say actual experience(even labs) go a long way towards passing the exam.
    OSCP
    MCSE: Core Infrastructure
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+ CE