Options

eLearnSecurity PTPv5 Webinar (May 22nd)

13»

Comments

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    new2Sec wrote: »
    Can someone who purchased PTPv5 post the slide count and/or md5 hash for all the modules.

I checked the slide count for the System Security Modules, page count for the slides is almost identical.

But as they said, you don't have to purchase the new course, The old one is fine.

I don't understand why people are getting angry about purchasing a new course that they don't need.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    wd40 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are getting angry about purchasing a new course that they don't need.

LOL I share the same sentiments. You don't like something make a decision not to pursue it.

I think the two added modules are pretty awesome. $520 for an upgrade, I just used that money to purchase a 90 day lab PWK from offensive security since its part of my yearly goal. Its that simple, I used the money elsewhere, not complain about it online icon_lol.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Now you can enroll to Full Edition with 30% discount, it will be 909$ and receive free upgrade to Elite Edition:
    https://www.elearnsecurity.com/course/penetration_testing/enroll
  • Options
    vynxvynx Member Posts: 153 ■■□□□□□□□□
    if there is no discount then it will be very expensive, compare with similar course
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Until May 31, 2018, you can get the Full Edition with free upgrade to Elite for $779.40. Trying to convince the boss to pay for it.
  • Options
    trac0detrac0de Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tedjames wrote: »
    Until May 31, 2018, you can get the Full Edition with free upgrade to Elite for $779.40. Trying to convince the boss to pay for it.
    Where did you take your price from? (and don't tell me from the website)
    The price is :
    Now you can enroll to Full Edition with 30% discount, it will be 909$ and receive free upgrade to Elite Edition:
    https://www.elearnsecurity.com/cours...testing/enroll
  • Options
    trac0de wrote: »
    Where did you take your price from? (and don't tell me from the website)
    The price is :

They sent me an email. I just clicked on the Enroll here button in the email. The page it took me to said that this particular code is reserved for returning customers and wants me to log in to complete the transaction. So I guess new customers get the 30% discount and existing customers get 40% off.
  • Options
    trac0detrac0de Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tedjames wrote: »
    So I guess new customers get the 30% discount and existing customers get 40% off.
    Ok, that makes sense :)
    I'm taking that 30% discount offer, there won't be better one : )
    Shame I have to pay damn EU VAT :/
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I bit the bullet. I know I want to do the course "soon" and the 40% discount plus upgrade was too good to pass up.
  • Options
    I'm tempted. My agency would pay for it if they had more time to process the paperwork (red tape), so it looks like I'd have to pay for it myself (not a problem, I have good credit!). I won't be able to start on it until September. What are the chances they'll offer a similar deal later?
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They've had three new classes since Aug 1. Of the other two, I haven't seen where the discount lasted more than a few weeks.
  • Options
    ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There probably won't be similar discounts like this until they release a new version. They had a 50% off on other courses when you bought PTX, but haven't seen similar since. Can't the company reimburse you based on the invoice later?
  • Options
    ottucsak wrote: »
    There probably won't be similar discounts like this until they release a new version. They had a 50% off on other courses when you bought PTX, but haven't seen similar since. Can't the company reimburse you based on the invoice later?

They said they'll reimburse me when I pass CISSP. I didn't think to ask if they would pay me back for training. Good question. I'll find out. If you don't ask, the answer is always no.
  • Options
    ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Discount pricing has been extended until the end of the month. Works for installments as well.