So, we got kind of epically f***ed at work today

2»

Comments

• Options
    PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cshkuru wrote: »
    [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]It's not even the money. I mean for some of my co-workers the money is a much bigger deal. They have families and house payments and such. I don't. I mean, I wouldn't mind making more money, but it's not my driving factor. At this point it's about the blatant disrespect. I mean if a year ago they had just said we've looked at the numbers and we don't see the need for an adjustment, that would have been cool. Instead they have just continually strung this out, basically lying to us every step of the way.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

I feel you, the disrespect is a big point for me too. I was once at an organization that was lauding itself over giving us "raises" that were so small they didn't even account for annual inflation... I remember at the time thinking, I would rather they didn't even give me a raise at all, than insult me by giving me such a pathetic increase and expecting me to be grateful. Needless to say, I started looking for other positions pretty soon after that... If you decide to start looking elsewhere, I hope you find yourself at an organization that treats you right!
  • Options
    SquishedSquished Member Posts: 191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received a promotion and generous raise June 1st of last year because I was long overdue for it. Unfortunately the company didn't have the money so they promised it by September 1 when the fiscal year rolls. Sept 1 came, no money still. Boss said we'll revisit Jan 1. Jan 1 came, no money. Boss said the earliest we can revisit is September 1 this year. So that's where I am now, the earliest I'll possibly see it is September 1 this year, 16 months after actually receiving it and there is 0 change it's retroactive.

I certainly feel your pain and while the money is much needed for my family with my son in daycare, the disrespect and not valuing your employees aspect of it hurts even more. I've been there for 9 years, it's been kind of a slap in the face and I've reduced my productivity accordingly until adjustments are made.
    [2018] - A+ 901 (PASS), A+ 902 (PASS), Project+ (PASS), Security+ (PASS), Network+(PASS), CySA, Cloud+
    [2018] - MBA - IT Management - WGU (PASS)

HR: “What if we train them and they leave?”
    ME: “What if we don’t train them and they stay?”