Options

WGU - MBA in IT Management

2»

Comments

• Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's correct. I have a lot of commitments outside of studying but my pace was relentless. If your life is not as demanding it can def. be done in less.
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Options
    SquishedSquished Member Posts: 191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mzx380 wrote: »
    That's correct. I have a lot of commitments outside of studying but my pace was relentless. If your life is not as demanding it can def. be done in less.

Same here. But I'm shooting to have all classwork done in the first term and then spend the second term doing the capstone. If it wasn't for the group aspect of the capstone, I'd bang the whole thing out in one term and be done with it.

Wrapping up MMT2 Task 2 now.
    [2018] - A+ 901 (PASS), A+ 902 (PASS), Project+ (PASS), Security+ (PASS), Network+(PASS), CySA, Cloud+
    [2018] - MBA - IT Management - WGU (PASS)

HR: “What if we train them and they leave?”
    ME: “What if we don’t train them and they stay?”
  • Options
    Just wrapped up Task 4 for MMT2. Passed 1,2, and 3 with relative ease. Hopefully this one is a pass and I put the 5th class into the blue in less than 2 months since starting the program. The last classes I have are:

Ethical Leadership – C206 - Written Test
    Financial Management – C214 - Objective Test
    Data-Driven Decision Making – C207 - Written and Objective Test
    Global Economics for Managers – C211 - Objective Test
    Accounting for Decision Makers – C213 - Objective Test
    MBA, Information Technology Management Capstone – C218 - Written Test

According to my mentor Accounting is up next. I'm hoping to looking over the material for a couple days and then take the exam after the 4th of july weekend. We'll see. Anyone have any tips for those remaining classes? Any of them an absolute bear to do?
    [2018] - A+ 901 (PASS), A+ 902 (PASS), Project+ (PASS), Security+ (PASS), Network+(PASS), CySA, Cloud+

• Options
    Finance and capstone are the toughest ones you have left, everything else is doable with ease. Start working on your individual assignment as you get closer to that course to make it easier for you.
  • Options
    Finance and capstone are the toughest ones you have left, everything else is doable with ease. Start working on your individual assignment as you get closer to that course to make it easier for you.

I really think I'm going to shoot for a 6 month, 1 term finish but we'll see. How was the accounting test?

• Options
    You'll be fine on that one. Finance test was the hardest test of the entire course
  • Options
    You'll be fine on that one. Finance test was the hardest test of the entire course

Ethical leaderships tasks look to be a bit of a pain in the ass as well. We'll see what happens with those. Last class with writing assignments before the capstone.

• Options
    2 week update:

Passed MMT2, that makes 5 classes done. Have 2/3 tasks passed for KTP2, Ethical Leadership. Class is awful. I'd make a terrible Human Resources person. Working on Task 3 right now and should have it passed in today (Friday). I've already passed the pre-assessment for Accounting so hopefully I'll take the real assessment on that next week which should in theory put me at 7 classes completed by July 20th. Keep in mind I started May 1st.

Quite happy at the pace I'm moving and where I am at the moment.

• Options
    1 month update since my last one.....

I've passed three more classes now putting me at 8 out of 10 classes completed in my first term. 11 weeks left in the term to do 2 classes. My mentor has informed me that due to the group component of my capstone there is zero change I will get it done this term, so I'm going to wrap up these last 2 classes and call it quits for the term. Come November, bang out the capstone and finish up the degree before the end of the year.

• Options
    Passed my 9 class last night and already passed the pre-assessment for my 10th class. Going to try and take the OA for it next week and wrap up all my coursework. Registered for my cohort for my Capstone starting September 23rd. The end is near.

• Options
    bsflbsfl Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I plan on starting WGU MBA-IT, is that the best choice out there for the money, it seems to be.
    Do employers consider it valuable compared to physical colleges that offer a weekend executive program.

Just very confused, sure on MBA for next level but unsure of which one to go with and from which school.

Thank you
  • Options
    bsfl wrote: »
    I plan on starting WGU MBA-IT, is that the best choice out there for the money, it seems to be.
    Do employers consider it valuable compared to physical colleges that offer a weekend executive program.

Just very confused, sure on MBA for next level but unsure of which one to go with and from which school.

Thank you

I'm beyond happy with this program. From coursework to testing to my mentor, all have been stellar thus far. There's no reason this degree wouldn't be just as valuable as a name brand brick and mortar degree. It's no Harvard business school, but it's still 100% accredited and by good agencies.

For my $3800 investment, I can't beat it.

• Options
    PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For a full time working person, how many courses do you complete per period?
  • Options
    Panther wrote: »
    For a full time working person, how many courses do you complete per period?

I'm a full time Director of IT right now and I will have this entire program finished in 1 term.

• Options
    Just passed my 10th and final class for my MBA. On to my Capstone starting tomorrow. 7 weeks left to go in term 1 to get it completed. Party time!

• Options
    Working on the Capsim now with a deadbeat group. Absolutely awful. Finished up my personal capstone tasks so all I have left is this group project which looks like we're not going to pass. Had a bit of a heated exchange with my mentor today about it. It's literally the ONLY thing in the problem I've been disappointed with so far.

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Group projects are the thing I hated most when I went back for my Bachelor's and definitely not something I'm looking forward to with a Master's.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm very thankful that my Capsim group ended up being so awesome. We did have to vote out one member due to her not being able to commit to a consistent study schedule. Our team of 3 ended up getting a Capsim Excellency Award for finishing over 90%.

As far as my actual progress, my last Task was approved about a week ago, so I'm expecting my diploma in a few weeks.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    I'm very thankful that my Capsim group ended up being so awesome. We did have to vote out one member due to her not being able to commit to a consistent study schedule. Our team of 3 ended up getting a Capsim Excellency Award for finishing over 90%.

As far as my actual progress, my last Task was approved about a week ago, so I'm expecting my diploma in a few weeks.

I wanted to finish over 90%, but at this point I want to just wrap up the program and be done. The Capsim is absolute torture. I'm done with Task 3,4, and 5 already so it's just a matter of wrapping this Capsim up and being done.

• Options
    CAPSIM is the hardest because of the group time commitment so there is a reason they had it last. You're almost there! Keep up the good work
  • Options
    CAPSIM is the hardest because of the group time commitment so there is a reason they had it last. You're almost there! Keep up the good work

it's even worse when your group has zero interest in participating. I'm MBA-ITM and the other three members are MBA-Healthcare Admin

• Options
    I had the same thing but my group was committed to finishing. You just have to organize everyone and make sure you set the pace. Don't try to go too fast and call out the team members that aren't doing anything
  • Options
    Done and graduated! Program took 5 months 17 days start to finish. 2 of us did 95% of the capstone work.