Options

Rapid7 Position Question

Does anyone or has anyone ever worked for Rapid7? There's a Security Researcher Position open in Austin TX and I'm curious if anyone has anything to say about the company. How's work life, how's the office, the people?

Thanks!
Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Not sure if this will help, but I'm reaching out to a connection that works for them as an Account Executive in the Boston area. I'll let you know what (if anything) he says.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Absolutely. Appreciate it!
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A couple of former co-workers work there, and they really like it. I've met some of the staff at B-Sides Austin, and they all seem like great guys. I'm told that Rapid7 really treats their staff well.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Judging the company by the manifestation of their products alone, I'd say working there is a heck of a lot better than working at Tenable.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just an update. I haven't heard back from my contact. Guess we're not close anymore since I got laid off from the company for whom he was the Account Manager. :-/
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    Judging the company by the manifestation of their products alone, I'd say working there is a heck of a lot better than working at Tenable.

A former co-worker also works at Tenable, and he really likes it. Different people, different experiences, I guess.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm currently at Rapid7, and love it!  I'm a senior security consultant, meaning I do assessments on program maturity.  Work from home, flexible, and a great culture.  
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    edited March 2019
    colemic said:
    I'm currently at Rapid7, and love it!  I'm a senior security consultant, meaning I do assessments on program maturity.  Work from home, flexible, and a great culture.  
    Wait, wha? I've had another colleague here on TE this whole time  :lol:  And agree on the above, except the flexible part due to being an SE. My schedule is at the mercy of the AEs. 

Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Yeah!  Find me on slack.  :)
  • Options
    Ive not been on here in ages, and need to hang out here more.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great to hear it's a good company to work for, I use a few of their tools now, I should keep an eye out for roles there as I didn't know they did remote too. 
  • Options
    Gonna guess that out of 15-1600 employees, at least half are remote.  Open positions are listed here:  https://grnh.se/xgpehi1