Options

Can you acquire CPE's before taking the test?

AvalonXAvalonX Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a goal from work to take 32 CPEs by the end of the year. I am doing some on Cybrary but I have not taken the CISSP yet. Can I do some of the activities to accumulate CPE's without the exam being taken? The goal for me is educational, not to apply them for the CISSP requirement. I am just looking for proof that I did the practices to acquire 32 CPE's.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The educational is worth its weight in gold. However, the actual email screenshots from ISC2 that I've seen from others who have passed says explicitly that any CPEs acquired before officially being recognized don't count.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Correct. Nothing prior counts.

Exact verbiage: All CPE activities must be completed or earned during the three years of each certification cycle and no later than the certification expiration date (the end of your certification cycle)
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Correct. Nothing prior counts.

Exact verbiage: All CPE activities must be completed or earned during the three years of each certification cycle and no later than the certification expiration date (the end of your certification cycle)

Thanks cyberguypr! I actually wanted to quote from my own knowledge, but I'm expecting to get that congratulatory email in the next hour (hopefully).
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    meni0nmeni0n Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why not just do it until the final chapter and complete it after you certify?
  • Options
    AvalonXAvalonX Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    meni0n wrote: »
    Why not just do it until the final chapter and complete it after you certify?

It is a general work requirement. They don't care if it applies towards the CISSP. They just care that I did it.
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AvalonX wrote: »
    Can I do some of the activities to accumulate CPE's without the exam being taken?
    Thanks!
    That would be great, I could just count all those courses I took in college.