Options

Anyone taken an IAPP course?

Peters, JeffPeters, Jeff Admin Posts: 14 Admin
Anyone here taken an IAPP course? Curious to hear your thoughts, especially if you've taken more than one. Did it help you in your job duties?
Product Marketing Manager at Infosec!
Who we are | What we do

Comments

• Options
    b0Risb0Ris Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently in the market to complete an IAPP course/certification. Trying to chose between CIPP/US or CIPT, maybe both!

I see you are with InfoSec Institute - can you suggest why I should use your company's training vs IAPP's training or an authorized partner?
  • Options
    No problem! First, InfoSec Institute is an authorized IAPP training partner, but the biggest benefit that most students find in our classes is our Exam Pass Guarantee for live online students (along with industry-leading exam pass rates). We also offer discounts with combined courses. In fact, I believe we may be the only place to get a triple cert in one big course (CIPP/US, CIPT, CIPM). Of course, you can take those classes individually elsewhere, but it's a little more convenient with the combo courses.

I'd put our instructors up against anyone, but I'm obviously biased, which is why I tend to point people to the awards and testimonials on our site.

You can view all the details of the CIPP/US and CIPT course, including a pretty detailed syllabus (towards the bottom) here: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/cipp-us-and-cipt-certification-training-boot-camp/
    Who we are | What we do
  • Options
    Is this course only offered online? I had a terrible experience with live online courses and would prefer to not go this route.

I assume since this course was just offered, InfoSec Institute has no historical data to detail pass rates for the class on the certifications - are there any other guarantees that your company offers?
  • Options
    You can see the online and in-person classroom offerings here: https://my.infosecinstitute.com/portal/courses. We'll add more dates in the near future depending on popularity. You're correct in that there is no historical pass data for this specific course, but I'm confident it will be quite high based on the rates for all of other courses. Any reason you don't like live online courses?

As for guarantees, we should have some new ones besides our Exam Pass Guarantee and Knowledge Transfer Guarantee (for employers) being announced in the coming weeks.
    Who we are | What we do
  • Options
    ...but I'm confident it will be quite high based on the rates for all of other courses. Any reason you don't like live online courses?

I took an online course and I personally feel that being in person is the best place to learn. You're there to ask questions, learn, and have more of the instructors time. That part is 100% personal and I am sure there are people prefer not having to learn in person.

I also did not like the course because the material was so bad (defining bad as not what was being tested) that when I took the test I (and others in my class) failed the test. If you would prefer more specifics, please feel free to private message me or provide me with your work phone number. This is much more objective and I was pretty mad that I couldn't get a refund for the course or some other heavily discounted InfoSec Institute course.
    As for guarantees, we should have some new ones besides our Exam Pass Guarantee and Knowledge Transfer Guarantee (for employers) being announced in the coming weeks.

I'd be interested hearing more about this.
  • Options
    FYI we've updated our guarantee page: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/flex/guarantees/

Main change is that we now offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee in addition to our existing Exam Pass Guarantee (for live online Flex Pro students) and Knowledge Transfer Guarantee.
    Who we are | What we do
  • Options
    APCAPC Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello b0Ris,

After reading your post on the IAPP CIPP courses, would you like to communicate on exam experience?

APC