Options

220-902 Attempt

bluewarlord8bluewarlord8 Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
Greetings Folks,

Me again... long story short - failed the 902 today, I was just shy of some, 82 points to meet the min (which is 700 points).

Moving on, I am going to invest my time in revising for the 902 - going over the concepts I failed to answer correctly then re-take the exam within 24 hours while the overall content is still fresh in the mind.

I laughed at the 'Fail' on my result sheet and more so on the objectives that I failed on as I understand the concepts.. Maybe it was my nerves; I was shaking a lot, lol.

Anyway, I will not accept the defeat. I will win the war tomorrow. hahaha! *evil laugh*icon_twisted.gif
Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, MTA: Server Admin, MS Azure Fundamentals & CCST - Networking.

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have heard the A+ has gotten much more difficult over the years; throwing objectives from the other exams as well (Network+, Security+, etc). I took a practice exam for the 902 a little over a year ago, and I barely passed, and I was teaching the class! LOL

Never give up though. I have failed my share of tests. I failed the A+ the first time I took it back in the late 90's, but passed the following month after a little studying.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    ScyphnScyphn Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Look at it this way yo, you know what to expect next time! And at least you "failed forward" ya know.
  • Options
    Haha thanks for the replies guys. They give me hope. @PCTechLinc Yes, CompTIA throw in a lot of unrelated questions from Net/Sec +. I have also experienced the increase in simulations; I encountered approx 3/4 during my exam today.

But I will pass tomorrow; I know it.

Once again thanks for replying guys.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, MTA: Server Admin, MS Azure Fundamentals & CCST - Networking.
  • Options
    Finally Passed, Phew.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    glad to hear and congrats

that should settle those nerves for a while
  • Options
    Good job bud! Going for the Net+ next, or something else?
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
  • Options
    Thanks @clarson.

I’m going to be taught Windows Active Directoy stuff at school.. so might make use of the time and study/take the windows AD exams.. (I believe there are 3 exams in total). Or study for ICND1.. if ICND1 covers most or the majority of the Net+ exam. I’ll do the net+ too so it looks good on my resumé.
  • Options
    D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats again!!!
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • Options
    Thanks @clarson.

I’m going to be taught Windows Active Directoy stuff at school.. so might make use of the time and study/take the windows AD exams.. (I believe there are 3 exams in total). Or study for ICND1.. if ICND1 covers most or the majority of the Net+ exam. I’ll do the net+ too so it looks good on my resumé.

TAKE YOUR TIME with Windows exams. It took me multiple attempts on each when I took the Server 2008 exams (70-640, 642 and 646). I've heard they've only gotten harder, with more focus on Powershell. I plan on upgrading to Server 2016 with the bridge exam, but I'm going to get CISSP-ISSEP and CCNP Routing & Switching out of the way first... maybe have to push until Server 2019. :D
  • Options
    GammGammGammGamm Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking the 220-902 this coming Tuesday, and I'm planning on taking the ICND1 in August. What simulations should I expect from the exam? Are they similar to exam-labs?