412 passed, MCSA achieved!

drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the 412 today on my third attempt. This exam was the hardest of the 3.. at least for me. Most of the material was new to me and unrelated to my current job. 410/411 was much easier to relate to. After my last failed attempt, I had to wait two weeks to take it again. After failing, I scheduled the test that night for about 2 weeks out. I spent damn near every free minute at work, after work, and weekends studying.

I spun up multiple labs in Azure, tore them down. Spun up more.. tested everything I wasn't sure about. Hit technet, reading article after article. Some that even conflicted with each other.. grr. I re-read all my notes I had taken from Testout. I read the exam reference book.

I sat for the test as a nervous wreck... got through it and clicked end exam, are you sure? ...... 820.

I think it helped this exam had more questions than the previous two. I had around 45 the first two attempts, last attempt was about 55 questions?

Anyway.. MSCA achieved and it feels great. It took me about 16 months total.

Not sure where I go from here. Azure stuff looks interesting, but I may have to wait a bit. I burnt out so hard from cramming the last few weeks. We'll see after I take some time away from studying.

Best of luck to all that are on their way to the MCSA. Don't beat yourself up too hard if you fail a few times. It's a really tough exam.
Break time..!

Comments

• Muhammed HMuhammed H Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Great job. What are the materials you used to passed the exam?
  • Gago77Gago77 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Awesome job :)

I am taking this beast in 2 weeks
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63