Options

MS cybersecurity at Utica

denis92denis92 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That looks like a graduate program. If you are local to Utica, maybe look into SU?
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm a UC alum and can say that it's one of the best programs in the country. UC was at the forefront of cybersecurity curriculum when I was attending. Their professors are all working in the field or have retired from working in the field, so they are very experienced. My degree was entirely online which worked well as I was working full time while attending.
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    When I was looking for a grad program, Utica's was one I heavily considered. I spoke with the admissions staff and program director, reviewed the curriculum, and spoke with a few students/alums; I was very impressed with the program and probably would have selected it had I not gotten in to the program I did. If you're on the fence, I'd say go for it!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have to admit, the work experience of the faculty does look impressive. Often in colleges it seems like they designate faculty to teach courses they probably shouldn't be teaching, but there's a lack of funds, so the professor slides by, relying on the canned PowerPoints that come with the textbook. May as well have just done the course online.
    For this school that does not appear to be the case.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    Cuse0311Cuse0311 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I went through the MS program at Utica and specialized in computer forensics and intelligence. While I cannot speak to the specialization path you are looking at, I would echo all of the other sentiments on here. If you can afford it or have an employer pay for it, it is highly worth it. Besides, you never know who you will meet in the program. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    NiTech-5NiTech-5 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hm,it definitely looks like something I wouldn't mind checking out for myself as well. I don't know how I haven't come across this during my searches.....
    • Education: BA; MA (a concentration in Cyber/IT Risk Management); Later: MS in Cybersecurity @ WGU, 2020
    • Certs in Progress: Security+ Sy0-501 (late-August or early Sept 2018 )
    • Late 2018/ Early 2019 Goals: CCENT then CCNA Security
    • Self-Taught Programming: Python; SQL (basic)
  • Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    I am actually going through the motion of applying to their MS Cybersecurity program as well. I don't know if you live in the Utica area but keep in mind that there's a 3 day residency requirement that is required for CYB605. Which concentration are you looking into? I am interested in the Cyber Operation track