Options

Passed CISA with a 663

ranadechetan90ranadechetan90 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

1. Q&A DB - Focused intensively on solving Q&A just to get familiar with the way questions are framed. Also, it helped me identify my weak areas. Be persistent with Q&A DB until you get 80-85%+ in all domains.

2. Youtube - Once I had identified the weak areas, in the 2 weeks before exams, all I did was watch youtube videos related to those areas. There are a few Youtubers who have videos which simplify the concepts. I would suggest that you watch these videos. Fun way of studying. You can do that while commuting to work etc. Saves you trouble of reading through the CRM (boring).

3. Experience - I have been working in IS Audit field for quite some time now with one of the Big 4s and that really helped. Experience will help you solidify your basic IS auditing concepts and mainly your logical reasoning.

Scaled scores by performance areas:
The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 693
Governance and Management of IT: 701
Information Systems Acquisition, Develop ment and Implementation: 633
Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Managemen t: 610
Protection of Information Assets: 678

Hope this helps!

All the best
Chetan

Comments

• Options
    nb19nb19 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats ! Did you use Review Manual provided by ISACA?
  • Options
    LarryFormLarryForm Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is a good score. Great job! icon_cheers.gif

What's next? :D
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    ranadechetan90ranadechetan90 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Started reading CRM but thought I wasnt getting anywhere. Then merely stuck to CRM question bank and Q&A DB
  • Options
    abhisheksenatorabhisheksenator Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    evo1622evo1622 Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    When did you take the exam and receive the detail result email?
    I have taken the exam on 21/5 and still don't receive any Email icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    CRISCCRISC Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Chetan,
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing information.

I have a question : is Q&A DB a book or a software bank? Did you purchase it, if yes details plz.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @OP - Congratulations on passing the CISA exam as I am planning to take it later in this examination window.

@CRISC - It's both a book and an online subscription that you access via the ISACA website. It's bound to the user's personal ID for which they register to their own personal details. If you're suggesting if they can share with you the QAE database online version, I don't recommend as it's likely a violation against ISACA's policy.
  • Options
    CRISCCRISC Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello DZA,

Thank you for the reply. I have got an understanding that I can apply and purchase the Q&A DB.
    Also I want to state that I don't want to violate any rules of any policy nor want anybodys QAE online version access.

Have few more questions related to study material:
    1) Is there any difference between the online Q&A DB and Q&A harcopy/ebook? Which is recommended?
    2) From the experience, if can say actual examination has same or similar questions to Q&A (online version or hardcopy/ebook)?

Answers to my doubts would really help me in the purchase of the study material and preparation for my exam.
    Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    pgupta101pgupta101 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

1. Q&A DB - Focused intensively on solving Q&A just to get familiar with the way questions are framed. Also, it helped me identify my weak areas. Be persistent with Q&A DB until you get 80-85%+ in all domains.

2. Youtube - Once I had identified the weak areas, in the 2 weeks before exams, all I did was watch youtube videos related to those areas. There are a few Youtubers who have videos which simplify the concepts. I would suggest that you watch these videos. Fun way of studying. You can do that while commuting to work etc. Saves you trouble of reading through the CRM (boring).

3. Experience - I have been working in IS Audit field for quite some time now with one of the Big 4s and that really helped. Experience will help you solidify your basic IS auditing concepts and mainly your logical reasoning.

Scaled scores by performance areas:
    The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 693
    Governance and Management of IT: 701
    Information Systems Acquisition, Develop ment and Implementation: 633
    Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Managemen t: 610
    Protection of Information Assets: 678

Hope this helps!

All the best
    Chetan

Congratulations Chetan !!
    What do you feel about the real exam questions compared to the Q&A DB? are they in same style? easy or tough? more to the point or vague? thanks.
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CRISC wrote: »
    1) Is there any difference between the online Q&A DB and Q&A harcopy/ebook? Which is recommended?
    2) From the experience, if can say actual examination has same or similar questions to Q&A (online version or hardcopy/ebook)?

1. I recommend the QAE Database - Online web subscription, you will get the benefits of the score dashboard and the customization to select different questions from different domains. Its a good way to track progress

2. Exam simulations are there to test your ability for understanding the concepts rather than to have similar questions in the bank vs what is on the exam. If you understand the concepts and know how to answer the question to ISACA's way of thinking, you will have no issue passing the exam. With these types of exams, the exam banks never have the similar questions on the exam.
  • Options
    VikeeyVikeey Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    evo1622 wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    When did you take the exam and receive the detail result email?
    I have taken the exam on 21/5 and still don't receive any Email icon_sad.gif

Did you got your result email? Even I gave exam on 23 05 2018