Options

eCPPT Gold Passed 6/4/2018

2»

Comments

• Options
    ramrod777ramrod777 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone give the difficulty ratio between eJPT and OSCP? What are the main differences. I am beggining to think eJPT and CCNA cyberops + pentesterlab badges are not enough preparation for OSCp
  • Options
    Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @chrisone thanks again :). Just set up my own windows XP and did the bof. I will practice few more the one mentioned by you. I also came across buffer overflow by Jesse Kurrus. He has explained two buffer overflow in detailed manner. I am trying the SLmail buffer overflow. After reading few times i am able to get some picture about buffer overflow.

@ramrod777 eJPT is just the basic of Pen testing and it is easy when compared to OSCP. OSCP needs more practice unless you have Pen testing experience.
    There are few threads on OSCP here. Many share their experience. You can also follow chrisone. He started OSCP after completion of eCPPT which is the next level to eJPT.

Regards
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    shreenag wrote: »
    Chrisone, Is it advisable to do the LFCS+LFS201 course and exam before taking the eCPPT and OSCP ?I have basic linux skills that is all.So I have this doubt.

Some linux skills are required but LFCS is NOT required. The reason I took LFCS and it delayed my PTP studies, was because at work I was implementing a security onion / surricata IDS system. It is a debian based security distro that I am responsible for here at work. Because of that responsibility I wanted to at least bring up my linux skillset to a systems administrator level. LFCS had nothing to do with my ElearnSecurity studies.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX