Options

CCSP Passed - 2nd attempt

vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, 6 months after the first failed attempt (exam feedback in previous post, got 694 then) I resat and passed the CCSP.
This time around I did not study the material any harder than the previous time rather focused on exam questions, how to break them down, understand the ISC2 way of thinking and drilled question after question. I bought the two new exam question books on Amazon from Carter and Malisow and these did help. I especially liked the way Carter reworded questions awkwardly so although I concur that the final test being 48 questions long is too short, the material is worth it. I also used the software and mobile question banks for both and they help with the fundamental knowledge.

Marked about 15 questions and did actually change about 5 of them on 2nd pass.
With this new approach of super-analysis I could really feel myself getting into the exam and it transpired that in the majority of questions, the only reasonable answer just became obvious, not even down to two possibles.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The exam still needs tweaking - misspelling, questions with no right answers, questions with three obvious wrong answers, etc.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]So, to all those looking to sit this or who have experienced failure in the past please persist, it's expensive and difficult but its a rare certification (check out the certified numbers for your country here - [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]https://www.isc2.org/About/Member-Counts)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I have passed both the CCSK v3 and v4 exam so I'm fully vendor agnostic cloud certified as far as I'm concerned![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Best wishes and hope this helps.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......

Comments

• Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. That guy is on my radar after the CRISC. Hopefully I can get it first go around. Thanks for the detailed info! If there’s anything else you can think of, throw it out here.
  • Options
    useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats!
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I am sitting for the exam in a couple of weeks. Would you mind telling me without any specific detail, if the following are on the exam as I have read both, but want to make sure that I stay focused for the exam:

OWASP Top 10 - 2013 or OWASP Top 10 - 2017
    CSA Security Guidance v3 or CSA Security Guidance v4

I have the All in One Exam Guide by Daniel Carter (2016) and ISC2 Offical Sutdy Guide 2017 that both reference OWASP TOP 10 - 2013. Not sure about the CSA material, well maybe the Trecherous 12 and maybe the Notorious 9, but I have those respective documents as well.

Thanks!
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go with the former - all the texts you mention are worthwhile and assist. Key point is you will not be asked a straight forward question like the books rather a reworded version that does not explicitly use the terminology in the books. Hope this helps and best of luck in the exam.
    CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......