Advice on training

Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
i have recently completed ccna R&S and want to start a new course/training asap while im in study mode...

i have a few that i want to get but also have been advised or told to look into ITIL by a friend.
I have read several posts on here and googled and watched some videos explaining what ITIL is. Thing is i am still not 100% sure about what way to self study for it , and also about what way to sit the exam.
From what i gather this is a theory based exam , not technical am i right ? is reading a book and watching vids all that is needed ?

any other info anyone can supply i.e useful links or training material will be appreciated.

Also roughly how long to study for the foundation level cert is a few weeks plenty?

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Mr Robot

This blog will answer most of your questions: Your ITIL Foundation Certification Questions Answered | ITSM Zone

Take a look and if there's anything you feel is missing let me know and I can add it. If you go ahead, good luck with your studies!

Claire
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Claire very helpful page.

You have 2 books listed there. Are they both needed ? i have cbt nuggets videos , will your ITIL Foudation essentials exam facts book be enough alongside them?[FONT=&quot][h=1][/h]

[/FONT]
    The exam facts book alone covers everything you need to pass the exam, so that plus the CBT nuggets will be more than enough. Enjoy your studies, good luck with the exam!
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Received your book today

gonna aim for 3 weeks til exam icon_cheers.gif
    Let us know how you get on! good luck, Claire
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Received your book today

gonna aim for 3 weeks til exam icon_cheers.gif

You'll do well, ITIL Foundation isn't very difficult. icon_lol.gif