MCSA 2016 upgrade from 2012

Rosco2382Rosco2382 Senior MemberPosts: 205Member ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone taken the exam? I have been loosely studying for this exam for about a month. I purchased the voucher, plan to schedule for early August. Along with my studies a buddy of mine is also going for his first MCSA. I've never upgraded an exam so I am not sure what to expect. Is it easier to do the upgrade exam versus taking the three exams to get MCSA 2016? Cost aside, as I don't pay for the exams, what do you guys suggest as the best option?

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Senior Member UKPosts: 375Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's alot more work doing all three server 2016 exams if you already have MCSA in Server 2012 and also unnecessary. Doing the upgrade exam is the easier and better choice.
  • backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do the upgrade. There is really only a few objective areas that are truly new to 2016.

Hindsight 20/20 I wish I would have done 2012 then the upgrade to 2016 to have both. I definitely plan to stay current moving forward with any available upgrades on new versions.
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • gilesjpgilesjp Posts: 11Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planing to take the upgrade exam myself. I agree with the others its the quickest and easiest path.
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Senior Member Posts: 205Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone