Options

VoIP Career

CodeHaVoCCodeHaVoC Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello. I’m currently working for the Army Cyber Command in the Voice Branch. I have my security+ but I’m new to VoIP. I was wondering if anybody here have any experience and any advice when it comes to getting my brain around this stuff. Right now I’m doing routing and switch with the CS1000 and now we are using Cisco call manager. Also is there any certs I should be working on to be better at my job. Eventually I would love to do cyber security. But I’m hearing where I’m at right now is a good start. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're using CallManager, you might want to take a look at CCNA Collaboration.
  • Options
    Yes I been looking at that on skill port. And it si boooooring haha.
  • Options
    Russell77Russell77 Member Posts: 161
    I don't know how deep you are getting into The CS1k but they are fast approaching end of life. The problem is they were one of the go to systems for large institutions. No one really wants to learn the cs1k but a lot of the people who worked on them are retiring. That being said from time to time I see pretty well paid jobs for someone who knows how to work on them. Looking at what will replace them an enterprise can go only a few ways. The cisco platform is one of them. You pretty much have to start with the cisco ccent before you can do anything else. So start with that then re-evaluate after.
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CodeHaVoC wrote: »
    Yes I been looking at that on skill port. And it si boooooring haha.

Aww, too bad. There's lots of boring stuff in IT. You can suck-it-up or not, your choice. There are lots of people who stayed at tier-1 for many years because other things were "boring".
  • Options
    Yea that’s what’s it seems like around here. The 1000 is going to be gone and Cisco I’m learning but we don’t have too many issues as of yet. Seems like a pretty stable system. Right now people are converting to Cisco so we just have issues with the transfers.
  • Options
    EANx wrote: »
    Aww, too bad. There's lots of boring stuff in IT. You can suck-it-up or not, your choice. There are lots of people who stayed at tier-1 for many years because other things were "boring".

Hahaha. I see. But I’m going to stick with it. I’m in a fundamental networking and Cisco switching class this week. Hopefully I can take in a lot of the material