Options

South Spain - Network Engineering

Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
Any TE members in the networking field and located in the south of Spain? Just looking for some info on the job market in this field/area for English speakers

Comments

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Darn I was hoping you were providing a lead for a network engineering job in the south of Spain.
  • Options
    Unfortunately not. I've found a couple in Madrid and Sevilla but nothing down south. Which is a bit strange when you have hotels with 7000 residents and multiple buildings
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The network engineer for those sites will likely be at wherever the hotel HQ is at. Wouldn't be surprised if 1/2 the pay would be in sunshine either.
  • Options
    You could well be right. I have family members working at hospitality resorts, and when I mentioned my current salary they reckoned that their IT team get nowhere near that
  • Options
    MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hows the job market in general in Spain?
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike

• Options
    Hows the job market in general in Spain?

Terrible!
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    Any TE members in the networking field and located in the south of Spain? Just looking for some info on the job market in this field/area for English speakers

Have you looked at Gibraltar? Quite a cluster of gambling companies down there, I used to get hit up regularly as my XP lined up with their requirements.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    I haven’t looked at Gib yet, put off a bit by the border queues if living in Linea, or the expensive rents if living on the rock itself