Options

Taking my test today

schroedsschroeds Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Just want your opinion on my chances for my test today. Using the measureup cds that came with the examcram practice questions book as well as written tests in the exam cram book itself, I seem to be scoring 80-90%. 86% is the fail mark, but I think that's a little high (coupled with the fact that some of the questions are downright impossible to understand they are so poorly worded).

I figure that I'm ok, just wanted to hear other peoples experiences. I know how unpredictable tech exams can be.

Also, any last minute tips?

Thanks,
Matt

Comments

• Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Just this:

GOOD LUCK!!! :D

I'm scoring in the same range on the same practice exams, so let me know how it goes! I plan to take mine in the next week or two (as soon as I can come up with the money for the exam voucher!) icon_cry.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dont psychologically set yourself up for failure here. Its not as bad as you think. If you studied and understand all the objectives of the test then you will pass. If you just did a bunch of brain **** and looked at a bunch of practice questions then you MIGHT still pass but with a low score...its a slim chance but still possible.

Network+ has to be one of the easiest of the CompTIA test to pass when compaired to the CCNA/CCNP. I think the hardest CompTIA cert would be, or so I've heard, Security+.

You will do fine and seem ready.Be sure to drink a Jolt cola...100% natural caffine should give you a boost and keep your mind from wondering :)

Later tonight you can post on here "Passed with an 800+ score" and I will post...grats :D
  • Options
    Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    Don't be surprised to see poorly worded questions on the actual exam also. I took the test about a month ago and had some really poorly written questions. I don't recall any trick questions, but there were definitely several questions in areas that I know very well that I missed due to a lack of clarity.

You should pass with plenty of room to spare though. Good luck and let us know how you did and what you felt about the test.
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • Options
    Later tonight you can post on here "Passed with an 800+ score" and I will post...grats

Damn... 784... icon_lol.gif

My questions were easy, but poorly worded. I had several that took me several reviews to actually understand what they were asking. There were some punctuation errors that made them terribly hard to comprehend.

Thanks all for your support!
  • Options
    Badger95Badger95 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sierra Hotel icon_cool.gif
    Badger
    _________
    Velle est posse, tempus fugit, vivere disce, Cogita Mori
  • Options
    God I love it when Im right :). See, you studied and you put in the effort to actually learn something and the cert is just a by product of that learning.

Whats next?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    schroeds wrote:
    Damn... 784... icon_lol.gif
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    rbowman wrote:
    Later tonight you can post on here "Passed with an 800+ score" and I will post...grats :D
    2 out of 3 ain't bad icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Oh ok so I guess I should give him this additude: How dare you come back here with a score lower then 800 and make a fool out of me :D

Grats again...you did better then my 715...good job
  • Options
    Whats next?

I'm thinking my 70-270 towards MCSA. I'm planning on asking around in that forum.

Thanks again everyone!