CIPP/T experience

GorbyGorby Posts: 141Member
Hello I passed the CIPP/G a few weeks ago and was considering taking the CIPT. Does anyone have experience with the CIPT certification exam? I read the CBK and the IAPP book called an introduction to IT privacy but I feel the book was awfully small. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't an issue with the exam covering something totally different than the book.

* Mistake in post title I meant CIPT

Comments

  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Posts: 535Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't find anything on CIPP/T on the IAPP website.
    I see CIPP/A, /C, /E, /G, and /US, but no /T.
  • GorbyGorby Posts: 141Member
    LordQarlyn wrote: »
    I can't find anything on CIPP/T on the IAPP website.
    I see CIPP/A, /C, /E, /G, and /US, but no /T.

    The exam is listed here with the other exams:

    https://iapp.org/certify/get-certified/cipt/
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Posts: 535Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gorby wrote: »
    The exam is listed here with the other exams:

    https://iapp.org/certify/get-certified/cipt/

    Oh, it's the CIPT. Because you had asked about CIPP/T and that one I couldn't find anything on. On the CIPT page it doesn't reference it as CIPP/T anywhere that I found.

    I haven't taken any of those exam but I am seriously considering CIPP/E and CIPM down the road.
  • GorbyGorby Posts: 141Member
    LordQarlyn wrote: »
    Oh, it's the CIPT. Because you had asked about CIPP/T and that one I couldn't find anything on. On the CIPT page it doesn't reference it as CIPP/T anywhere that I found.

    I haven't taken any of those exam but I am seriously considering CIPP/E and CIPM down the road.

    Sorry was a mistake on my part, wish I could update the thread title.
  • hxmisrhxmisr Posts: 1Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is another one in their store: Privacy in Technology: Standards and Practices for Engineers and Security (member price $65). I read the sample chapter they provide and I liked.
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Posts: 535Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gorby wrote: »
    Sorry was a mistake on my part, wish I could update the thread title.

    Hey no worries, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something lol.
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Posts: 260Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey @Gorby, I just took the CIPT. Its an odd test for a tech. It was very thorough and definitely you need to use more than one of the texts. And be prepared to make opinion based answers and not really objective for about half of it. Also... the "current regulations and events" comments... they were serious about. The GDPR is was all over the place.

    Glad I passed and I definitely will be valuing it. Now I am wondering about the CIPP serious. Oh and as an FYI, the old name for CIPT was CIPP/IT. The name was deprecated and the certification re-aligned.

    I know its late... but may be useful for someone wondering.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
Sign In or Register to comment.