Options

Passed CEH 29 June 2018 / Secret to Passing the Exam

KlinecoreKlinecore Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
Worked really hard for this, and so glad to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker certification exam today!

4 months of hard work and dedication put into this.

All the CEH videos on skillport.
All the CEH videos on FedVTE.
20+ hours of Lynda videos.

208 pages of hand written notes
17 pages of typed notes

Matt Walkers, All-in-One CEH Book read twice cover to cover and highlighting key points as I went along.

1000's questions through Skillset website, FedVTE, Matt Walkers Practice exam supplementary book to the All-in-One book.
ECCouncil.org offers an assessment exam too! Highly recommend going through this as well on their website!

Early mornings waking up at 3 am to study. Having lunch in my vehicle as quickly as possible so I can read and study for that hour of time instead of doing other things. Late nights and even weekends.

If you want something bad enough.... you don't make excuses. You take action, and find a way!

[TL;DR] =
Secret to passing the exam = Hard work, dedication, and know the material.
You can do this! You just have to be willing to put in the work and make it happen.

Comments

• Options
    Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks!!! Looking into FedVTE now!
  • Options
    L0rdN1k0nL0rdN1k0n Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but did pass both written and practical tests?
  • Options
    JacktivatedJacktivated Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing your study methods.
  • Options
    NikubabyNikubaby Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, My exam is due on 14th July, Could you please confirm if the questions were from v9 only and not from the new material
  • Options
    NikubabyNikubaby Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well passed my CEH minutes ago.
    With no earlier relevant experience, took leave from my office for one week and studied continuously. Questions were 50% easy, 30% moderate and 20% very tough. Referred AIO and sybex and solved the practice test book for both of them too.
    Can someone help me to decide which one next OSCP or Security+?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When you guys prepared for the exam, did you just stick with book reading and practice questions or you took the extra effort of setting a lab and actually familiarizing yourself with the tools?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    ABCOMABCOM Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OSCP is more technical.
    I passed Security+ years back. Get books from different resources and practice exam crams. [FONT=&quot][h=1]Read CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-501 Study Guide (Darril Gibson )[/h]

[/FONT]
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    hemoo91hemoo91 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Security+ is much easier than ceh. you could pass it without studying. Go for OSCP
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Klinecore said:
    Worked really hard for this, and so glad to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker certification exam today!

17 pages of typed notes

Matt Walkers, All-in-One CEH Book read twice cover to cover and highlighting key points as I went along.

1000's questions through Skillset website, FedVTE, Matt Walkers Practice exam supplementary book to the All-in-One book.
    ECCouncil.org offers an assessment exam too! Highly recommend going through this as well on their website!

Early mornings waking up at 3 am to study. Having lunch in my vehicle as quickly as possible so I can read and study for that hour of time instead of doing other things. Late nights and even weekends.

If you want something bad enough.... you don't make excuses. You take action, and find a way!

[TL;DR] =
    You can do this! You just have to be willing to put in the work and make it happen.
    Klinecore thanks for sharing your study materials and congratulations on your new CEH credential.
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Klinecore said:

17 pages of typed notes

[TL;DR] =
    Klinecore thanks for sharing your study materials and congratulations on your new CEH credential.
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+