Not Another OSCP Blog

2»

Comments

• Skyyyyy2001Skyyyyy2001 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck to you. keep us posted :)
    could you share with us the list of HTB machines that is worth working on?
  • ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    These are some of the easier ones I did:
    Lame, Legacy, Blue, Bashed, Celestial, Poison, Canape, Olympus, Sunday, Jerry, Hawk, Waldo
    Poison has a really-really good privesc and Olympus rocked because of the layered approach.
  • Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with exam ottucsak :)
    Unfortunately, I failed. I rooted 3 machines in four hours, but got stuck on the remaining two for 20 hours straight, without any hope for even a limited shell. Can't really say that I enjoyed the exam, the machines that I got stuck on were harder than most lab machines (I got all biggies minus Sufferance), they were full of red herrings and there was a machine that I only managed to exploit with Metasploit, because the manual exploits didn't work out of the box and were too complicated (SEH, egghunter) to fix easily. Rescheduled for the end of October, I'm going to do the labs again 100% manually, dive deeper into SEH, egghunter, ROP, etc and pray that I don't get so crap machines again. icon_lol.gif
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Damn sorry to hear that ottucsak. Good luck on your next attempt!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    Sorry to hear about the exam Ottucsak. Good luck for October exam. My best wishes again and looking forward to hear from you.
    I am currently taking ptp and my three days are gone. I am stuck too and this meterpreter is killing me :)

Regards
    Naruto
    Thanks, I managed to find a free exam spot for Sunday, so I'm retrying this weekend. I will hopefully pass this time. :)
    Good luck for your exam!
  • Andy2mAndy2m Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck again, everyone's rooting for you ;)
    So the exam ended today at 10:45 PST, rooted all five hosts, submitted the exam and lab report, so now I'm just waiting for the results. icon_cheers.gif
    The proctored exam wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but announcing every 3 minute bathroom break is a massive pain in the ass.
  • sesha437sesha437 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    awesome congrats :)
  • securitychopssecuritychops Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go on rooting all five of the machines! :D
    Current Certs   : OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, Pentest+, Security+, SLAE, SLAE64
    Goals for 2019 : OSEE
    Goals for 2020 : OSWE
    Just received the confirmation. I passed, I'm an OSCP. icon_cheers.gif
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats ottucsak!! It's been awesome following your progress through working on it now and when you started it. Now rest up for a week and enjoy your shiny new OSCP before starting on OSCE. Onward and upward!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • securitychopssecuritychops Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What JoJoCal19 said! If you do decide to go OSCE check out the course called SecurityTube Linux Assembly Expert (SLAE) if you need to brush up on Assembly related to writing shellcode, that course worked great for me as part off my preparation for starting the OSCE! :D

Again, way to go on passing!
    Current Certs   : OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, Pentest+, Security+, SLAE, SLAE64
    Goals for 2019 : OSEE
    Goals for 2020 : OSWE
    Thank you guys, I'm already working on SLAE. icon_thumright.gif
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats brotha! You killed that exam! SLAE sounds like fun :)
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
    Congrats ottucsak :)
  • jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations boss! I'm in my 2nd week but work and mandatory DevOps training slowed me down this week.
  • kurtkobaindtkurtkobaindt Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats ottucsak! what a journey, thanks for sharing icon_thumright.gif