Options

Passed ICND2

PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
[FONT=&amp]892/811.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Had an email first thing this morning saying my exam was cancelled. (Apparently the test centre guy fractured his foot.) So I call Pearson Vue to see if any other test centres could book me in today. Nearest one was Wolverhampton. ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]I work quite a while away[/FONT][FONT=&amp], so a bit of a drive :')[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]So yeah, anyway. One of the most difficult exams I've ever taken. Really horrible experience. Felt like it was 50/50 by the end of the exam, but I made it. Scored pretty low on every domain besides routing and switching (which I got 100% on) so considering together they make up over half the exam, it was obviously enough to get a good pass mark. Elated at the end when I saw the score. 4-5 questions that I straight up didn't know what it was talking about (or even referring to at one point). So yeah. Big time relief. Very happy even after a long drive home.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I used Todd Lammle's book, Packet tracer & Boson. Boson, again is what got me over the line. The simulations are just so good for prepping for that portion of the exam, and it actually gave me a few answers that weren't in Todd Lammle's book. The book as well was outstanding btw, mapped to almost every exam objective, although missed a bit of detail in a couple of areas. It definitely has enough CLI config in it. You don't need to go any deeper than his labs/instructions. Also, packet tracer is more than enough for labbing. Missing a few things, but they can easily be memorised. I always type them in anyway just to get the muscle memory going.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Had a change of plan, and I'll be working on 70-533 for my mcse next, before finishing off the year with 3-4 linux exams. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I'd say time for a beer, but I don't drink.. [/FONT]icon_smile.gif[FONT=&amp] Time for a sparkling water haha.[/FONT]
Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
Working on - RHCE

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job! Sounds like it was well worth the drive.
  • Options
    TheComputerPlumberTheComputerPlumber Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man!!!

I'm just started my studies for ICND1 using:
    lammle ccent book v3
    lammle prep cert: ccent icnd1 video course lynda.com
    lazaro diaz ccent cousre udemy
    packet tracer

hopefully this will be enough!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

@TheComputerPlumber - I highly recommend the Boson practice exams. They're well worth the money.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats and good job not letting the test cancellation mess up your game. That's some commitment!icon_thumright.gif
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    Jon1992Jon1992 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, i go on the 26th for my exams, every time i come to this site i regret it because i keep reading how nightmare-ish it is lol. Im taking both exams in one day because its a 2 hour drive to the test center, even if i only pass ccent ill be happy as i'll have 3 years to do part 2 and it renews my cert.
  • Options
    Jon1992Jon1992 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im currently watching the 200-125 course by Diaz, i didn't see just a ccent course, either way hes pretty good idk if he's telling us enough info tho.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Apple Cider Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.