just passed 501

trevitrevi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Just passed 501 this morning. I can't say the exam was hard, but it was a bit tough for me (non-native speaker) to decrypt what exactly was asked (aka best, least, most, etc). I had 83 questions, 4 PBQS which were relatively easy. Some questions were with a piece of code/log/acl matrix asking what's happening there or what to do with a given scenario. Maybe 2-3 questions about Linux terminal commands.

I have only used Professor Messer's videos and Gilson's book for studying, 2-4 hours per day for the last 3 weeks.

Good luck to everyone!

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• NatBeNatBe Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I failed on Monday but I’m gonna try again in a month. Not super hard. I agree. I studied hard but also procrastinated. My brain is 57 years old—not as spongy as it used to be. I didn’t finish the test! I didn’t even look at the last 20 questions. Next time I will be much more prepared and RESTED. I am using Pearsons uCertify materials for SYO-501 and they are excellent. $160.
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 126 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    I'm planning on taking the 501 next. I'm just starting to study however. I gotta get Darril Gibson's book. Everyone seems to say it is excellent.
    I just passed A+ and it took me about 5-6 months to study for the 220-902. I'm shooting for the same time frame and hopefully i can pass it easily by then...hopefully :)
    Certifications: A+ Net+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024-2025 Goals: Pass the CISSP
  • dotPHdotPH Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Barely passed 401 at 759 on the 3rd take couple of days ago.