Options

Resume and Cover Letter

2»

Comments

• Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Here's the thing about resumes, there is no absolute "You must use this format exactly or you will never ever ever get a call back or an interview" template. The truth is people get hired everyday for every position possible with different resume styles. I use bullets in my resume and it has never failed me. However, I don't use them to list my skills. My skills are separated into columns and until recently, my resume was all on....prepare yourselves....... ONE PAGE.

You just have to keep working with it until you find something that works. You are never going to get a decent answer on this topic from anyone because everyone has their own style that has worked for them and that they like.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I was told by a HR person that where she worked, bullets were a 'no-no'. I just applied that to all jobs.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was told by a HR person that where she worked, bullets were a 'no-no'. I just applied that to all jobs.

As opposed to what I was told by an recruiter which I posted earlier in the thread.

Bottom line is, list all your relevant skills, achievements and make them easy to read. That's all what matters.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    March 2018- June 2018: 854848448 Communications– VoIP Network Engineer
    Working for Communications as a VoIP Network Engineer, configuring proprietary PBX systems in a managed services environment. Remotely and locallyassisting customers with configurations and troubleshooting. Ensuring incidentand service request resolve within SLA and satisfaction through analyzing the closureof service tickets within SimPro management software. Providing level 2 and 3deskside, end user and application support. AssistingTelecommunications Technicians with the installation, configuration of SamsungPBX systems, VoIP technologies and IP telephony. Assisting customers remotelyand locally within a managed service environment via various VPN and RDPprotocols.
    Professional Roles:
    o TCP/ IP knowledge
    o Troubleshooting voice services for LAN and WAN topology’s
    o Maintaining PBX systems
    - Call and ring plans
    - DID ringing
    - Call forwarding
    - Setting up voicemail
    - Licence upgrades
    o Installation and relocation of networkperipherals
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Here is an interesting take on how to find your dream job. If you can afford it, he suggests setting up Facebook ads or something similar to target your audience (a particular company, for instance). Give it a watch.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Employed by as an ICT SupportEngineer for the mining and resource sector in Brisbane CBD, supporting IT foraround 1000 employees. My responsibilities were to provide level 2 end usersupport for many clients in AUE including remote areas. The use of ITIL toresolve user’s issues using ServiceNow software. Mobilising new users with workstation,hardware. Application support configuring and installing various CAD/ Designand Engineering software for designers and Engineers. Managing Microsoftexchange and Office 365 in a secure environment, implementing 2FA for users,the use of PowerShell for migrating users over from BTOC to O365. Working in aWindows 7/10 environment

Responsibilities:
    o Service Support and Delivery
    o Microsoft Exchange & Office365
    o End user Computing Management
    o Windows 10 migration
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll be straight up here. The formatting should have a nice balance to it, but don't overstress it. As long as you write clearly and it's an easy read it won't matter too much in the end if you had 7 bullets vs 5 bullets. Some people are just extremely nitpicky and have their own personal taste.