Options

Studying for CISSP

GlennAGlennA Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi been studying for the CISSP for few months now using the new 8th ed of Cybex, Sara Greene videos, Official CBK 4th, and Eric Conrad. Test engines are CCCure, Sybex and Boson, Quizlet Flash Cards...scoring in the 80% percent on most or high 70’s on most exams-Sybex at times is in the 90s ..taking a CISSP review course at the end of the month & in mid August I test for the first time. One thing I learned...never take a practice exam when you are tired. your mind will shut down..lol! Any reccomendation for those who recently passed is gratefully appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi GlennA,

I don't sit for my exam for another month or so, but it seems that you have a good source of materials to work from.

What is your background in IT and Security?
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GlennA wrote: »
    One thing I learned...never take a practice exam when you are tired. your mind will shut down..lol!

When I was preparing for the test, I intentionally took a practice exam or two when I was tired (after going home from work). I simply wanted to be ready in case something happens the day before (or on the day itself) I sit for my test that would get me distracted. You never know.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]