CCNA 1 & Network+

thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
Hello everyone,

I decided to write the Net+ exam on friday, after recently doing some online practice tests.
I was wondering, has anyone noticed a huge correlation between CCNA 1 and Net+?? I ended up with a 90+% in CCNA 1 and score 85+ on practice exams first time....

I guess I'm just looking for any comments on the difficulty of Net+ really! lol

Thanks
Travis

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Net+ is way easier than CCNA. First, it's a vendor neutral cert that covers the bare basics of Networking and technologies. CCNA is Cisco specific, and entails much deeper details of the equipment and how to use it. If you're scoring high on CCNA stuff, the Net+ should be a breeze for you......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    I wonder if I could go and write my network+ now without studying for it? icon_eek.gif I did my CCNA a few weeks ago.
    Now working full time!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I wonder if I could go and write my network+ now without studying for it? icon_eek.gif I did my CCNA a few weeks ago.

You probably could.....but I would at least go over the objectives anyway....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WodanWodan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCNA 1 mostly has to do with TCP/IP

Network + will test you on your UNIX, Apple and Novell knowledge also.

Having said that, you allready have a huge foundation to build on
  • CiscoGeekCiscoGeek Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Network+ is something like "Anything about everything" Certificate, It's divided into four major objectives or topics:

1- Network Fundamentals
    2- OS related stuff
    3- Fault tolerance and backup systems stuff
    4- Troubleshooting

Network+ won't provide you with a good job opportunity, believe me, throw it away, it's useless if you'll or can pass the CCNA exam.

Network+ is easy as hell, and not an in-deep complicated topics, so I suppose you have to pass the CCNA better.

*NOTE* I've passed the Network+ test after the CCNA!! cause I had the chance to get this certificate free and I didn't spend any effort in studying, and I didn't even get the Welcome Kit, if they really provide a welcome kit!
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Network + is the first exam I ever wrote.... very basic. May be a good intro to CCNA, but I definately would NOT take net+ after CCNA.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Ravinder KumarRavinder Kumar Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    theseman wrote:
    Hello everyone,

I decided to write the Net+ exam on friday, after recently doing some online practice tests.
    I was wondering, has anyone noticed a huge correlation between CCNA 1 and Net+?? I ended up with a 90+% in CCNA 1 and score 85+ on practice exams first time....

I guess I'm just looking for any comments on the difficulty of Net+ really! lol

Thanks
    Travis