Options

Printer Problems ??

ruup4it62ruup4it62 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am using a HP (PSC750) printer on my home xp pro system. I have been using this combination for over 1 year with no problems until just recently. The printer stopped printing from the pc. It would print a test page ok, but nothing else. The usb connection is fine, even tried using a different usb port but no luck. Device manager is saying that another driver has to be deleted before the right one can be installed. I have never updated the driver or changed any settings. I checked HP site and it told me to force an uninstall but i dont see the files that they are telling me to do this with. Can anyone suggest something that might help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    If I figure it out, I'll let you know...if you figure it out first, let me know!

I have the exact same printer using XP Pro on my laptop and my desktop computer (the one sharing the printer). Every so often, it does not work, and in fact, right now the desktop won't let me print, but I can print a test page from it. That laptop (wireless connection and used on the second floor) works just fine. I usually un-install the printer and re-install it on the desktop and it works...for a little while. I love the printer, but if this keeps up, I'll have no problem replacing it with a better one. icon_confused.gif I've had it for several years now with no problems...Also, I am not running SP2 on my desktop (that's a whole other issue I have to deal with in when I install SP2, the system crashes. Not sure why yet...)
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The quick answer is usually to completely uninstall it then reinstall and all will work once more.

Delete the printer from the printers folder.
    Then remove any software from add/remove programs.
    Next go into the Printers and Faxes folder and go to File / Server Properties - go to the Drivers tab and remove the applicable drivers.
    Now reinstall and all should work satisfactorily.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    And make sure that you've downloaded HP's latest release of the drivers for the PSC750. A new release of print drivers or print manager software often fixes these problems too.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    RussS wrote:
    The quick answer is usually to completely uninstall it then reinstall and all will work once more.

Delete the printer from the printers folder.
    Then remove any software from add/remove programs.

I have run into problems with HP printers (all-in-one or deskjet series) if you delete the printer from the Printers folder before you run the uninstall program. It ends up in limbo where you can't completely remove it or reinstall it.
    All things are possible, only believe.