Options

Fail my 210-260 exam

rockettrockett Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've noticed in the exam there alot of questions and topics that aren't covered in Cisco academy course and also I've found in reading books. Need help and recommendations to conquer my goal! For multiple choice practice exam what is boson like any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    buy the cisco book they have for sale on their site. I was really annoyed with that exam and felt the same way.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    albinorhino187albinorhino187 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took this for WGU. The materials they provided were the CBT nuggets, a book which I forget and didn't use a whole lot, and the Boson exams. I passed by the skin of my teeth somehow only studying 1.5 months. Boson was a HUGE reason why, but the nuggets were good, too. With Boson's 25% off sale this month, it might just be worth it for you.

If you do get CBT, be aware that the CCNA: Security course is very misleading. The course shows it's only like 8 hours, but that's because during a 10 minute video, Keith Barker will say, "Ok go watch these 4 videos from my CCNP course for this topic, and then we'll reconvene." And those 4 videos are like an hour each, and he does it constantly.
    CCIE RS - Written (Goal: July 2019) [ ] Lab [ ]
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you do get CBT, be aware that the CCNA: Security course is very misleading. The course shows it's only like 8 hours, but that's because during a 10 minute video, Keith Barker will say, "Ok go watch these 4 videos from my CCNP course for this topic, and then we'll reconvene." And those 4 videos are like an hour each, and he does it constantly.

This was extremely annoying, but DEFINITELY a must. The actual exam pulls a lot of content from what I learned in Keith's CCNP videos. I probably would have failed if I hadn't watched all of them. Some of them, like the High Availability and Active-Active/Active-Passive ASA videos, had objectives that I saw on the exam. Also if you go with CBT, make sure you study his Parka document.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you do get CBT, be aware that the CCNA: Security course is very misleading. The course shows it's only like 8 hours, but that's because during a 10 minute video, Keith Barker will say, "Ok go watch these 4 videos from my CCNP course for this topic, and then we'll reconvene." And those 4 videos are like an hour each, and he does it constantly.[/QUOTE]

This is a huge reason why I had to stop with his course. I loved the way he explained things but I was getting lost jumping back and forth between the NA an NP security videos.
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • Options
    LDhikerLDhiker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    no!all! wrote: »

This is a huge reason why I had to stop with his course. I loved the way he explained things but I was getting lost jumping back and forth between the NA an NP security videos.[/QUOTE]

This has since been fixed, its all under the one CBT now. I am currently watching it.
  • Options
    thesecuritybrothesecuritybro Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This was the most frustrating exam I have ever taken. The study material is pretty much useless IMO. I would have been better off not reading the official exam book or doing their own course on it. The test itself only tests you on about 10 things and none of them are mentioned in the exam objectives.

Literally if they were more clear on what people should study this would be a very obtainable certification.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I agree with you.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    31 Days Before Your CCNA Security seemed to be better than the official cert guide. It's also worth learning the difference between different security products that they sell. Could learn that part on their website. If you have access to Safari Books, Jerome Henry explains EAP better in his CCNA Wireless video course than any of the Cisco security stuff I've read. I don't know anything to help with on the parts that are not in the blueprint. I saw a few too, but the ones I had could be entirely different than the ones you had.