Options

Been going thru the objectives and some i'm stumped on what Cisco is asking like ....

Jon1992Jon1992 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
This NTP one for example "Configure and verify NTP operating in client/server mode" What do they want me to configure a router to an atomic clock server on the web? Do they want me to make a router a master and make everyone sync to it? I'm little confused to what it wants plus when i google it i don't find much and everyone seems to have a different say.

Also what's

1.7 Apply troubleshooting methodologies to resolve problems
  • 1.7.a Perform fault isolation and document
  • 1.7.b Resolve or escalate
  • 1.7.c Verify and monitor resolution

Not much of idea what 1.7 is asking. perhaps i need a break been studying for 10 hours now. I'm comfortable with alot of stuff and been doing practice test and doing good. but my test is this week and don't wanna go into it not know what some of these are. although i doubt they will ask me to configure a NTP in a Sim, what its important but i think networking/subnetting and OSI type questions are more important.
icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    Did Todd make a typo or am i missing something, he's saying the answers C https://i.imgur.com/VxZHOBu.png
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    no one lets just anyone like you and me connect to their atomic clock. but there are highly accurate ntp servers out on the internet that we can connect to if we'd like to. but you don't need to do that for learning what you need to know to pass the ccna. what you need to know is the commands to configure a ntp server and a ntp client and sync them together and how to verify that they are working. and it is nice to know a little bit about why they aren't working or will not be working.

it is quite easy to go on youtube and search for ccna ntp. you'll get lots of videos. They will all probably say things differently. but the commands will be the same on all of them. just take the time to give them a listen and write down the important parts. and test your notes in your lab.

can you set up ntp with your notes? can you do it without your notes like when your taking the exam?
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jon1992 wrote: »
    Did Todd make a typo or am i missing something, he's saying the answers C https://i.imgur.com/VxZHOBu.png

your missing something.

the command is run on sw3. the first column is the remote device id. the third line is for sw2. but you picked d, fa 0/5, which is the local interface. or the port where switch 3 connects to sw2. but the questions is which interface does sw2 use to connect to sw3. that is in the last column or port id, which is fa 02, or c
  • Options
    clarson wrote: »
    your missing something.

the command is run on sw3. the first column is the remote device id. the third line is for sw2. but you picked d, fa 0/5, which is the local interface. or the port where switch 3 connects to sw2. but the questions is which interface does sw2 use to connect to sw3. that is in the last column or port id, which is fa 02, or c

Ah shoot, i didnt notice the final column lol