Options

CCSKv4 Passed

JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
Late post, but I passed the new version of the CCSK on Friday night. It was actually a weird situation. I had to take a cert for my MSc in Cybersecurity practicum course as I already have a job. I decided to keep it simple but instead of going for the Sec+ or something, I decided to go for the CCSK as I felt it was more useful.

I had studied for the CCSK earlier in the year and read the CSA guide, and ENISA guide. Rather than re-read the CSA guide I just re-read some of the areas I felt were my weakest. Anyways, when I signed up for the exam I decided to do v3 as that is the guide I had read. I took the v3 exam on July 5th and missed passing by 4 points. The exam questions seemed really tricky, with quite a few that I couldn’t remember from the material so when I looked them up, I couldn’t find. As well, there were quite a few questions where there were technically two right answers, or the answers were almost the same.

I regathered and went to re-take the exam last Friday since you get two attempts. However when I would go to launch my second attempt, it was only selecting v4. I looked all around and couldn’t find a way to re-take v3. I checked out the v4 guide and skimmed through and it looked a lot cleaner than the v3 guide, but seemed about 90% the same. Rather than contact support I decided to chance it and just take the v4 in hopes that they improved the exam too since the guide seemed improved. Man was I right! The v4 exam was of much higher quality. The questions were cleaner and more straight forward, the answers that I did look up to double check were in fact found within the v4 study guide, and I didn’t see any questions that seemed like they had two correct or near identical answers. Passed it with an 88%.

Sooooo if anyone is going for the CCSK, I recommend going for v4.
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework

Comments

• Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Any plans to do CCSP?
    As per https://blog.cloudsecurityalliance.org/2018/04/24/ccsk-vs-ccsp-an-unbiased-comparison/

CCSP = CCSK + Expanded Governance Items + Traditional Security + Privacy
  • Options
    Thanks Mike, I had wanted to do the CCSP and actually read through the official study guide and practice questions earlier this year, but after landing my current job (Security Sales Engineer), I decided not to. I’m still debating it since I really would like to obtain it, but I’m just not sure. Also, I’ve seen people prep hard for it and fail due to the apparent quality of the exam.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass!!
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    You know what Mike, I’ve been thinking more about it and I may go for the CCSP. I’m going to read the book over the next two weeks and start practice exams and see how I feel then.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    You know what Mike, I’ve been thinking more about it and I may go for the CCSP. I’m going to read the book over the next two weeks and start practice exams and see how I feel then.

Cool! There is some overlap with CCSK and CISSP.
    I have CCSP but not CCSK. Maybe I should try CCSK. :)
  • Options
    tkcomptkcomp Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed the CCSK V4 today. I already have the CCSP book so I might as well give it a try. My understanding CCSP is more of the management level (Like CISSP is). So just need to switch modes from Engineer to Manager :)