Options

Whats the best CCENT practice test that are the closest to the real exam

Jon1992Jon1992 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Going to take the CCENT on Thursday and wanna test my knowledge. Also the exam is 45-55 questions which compared to Comptia or Microsoft is kinda small, you do only get 90 mins so whats the exam broken into. multiple choice and simulations, what else is it mostly Multiple Choice?

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I don't know about the CCENT, but I found that the Boson CCNA Security was extremely close to the actual exam. I like the Boson practice exams. They have a lot of extra information as far as the descriptions of why the answers are correct/incorrect, and links to the supporting documents. I used Boson for CCNA Security, CEHv8, and CISSP.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    metalmaniametalmania Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    best? I'm not certain.

Personally, I purchased the cisco press official study guides set and just used the pearson test prep (PTP) engine, for grilling myself with questions. PTP was free with the book set (on the included DVD).

PTP has a study mode and also a timed/exam mode, which is nice. I think the questions in the PTP are sufficient for passing the CCENT. I sat the 100-105 last week and in hindsight, felt the exam was just an extension to the PTP questions. Good luck on your exam.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Boson practice exams are highly recommended. I would start them a few weeks before you take the exam to make the purchase worth it. If you are testing tomorrow it's not going to help much as you already know it or you don't.

Good Luck!
    Jon
  • Options
    victor.s.andreivictor.s.andrei Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Boson, hands down...though their practice exams may be harder than the actual ICND1. Look around for discount codes. If you are very close to passing a Boson ICND1 practice exam, I would bet money that you will pass the real ICND1.
    Q4 '18 Certification Goals: Cisco ICND2; JNCIA-Junos; Linux+; Palo Alto ACE

2018-2020 Learning Goals: non-degree courses in math (Idaho, Illinois NetMath, VCU) and CS/EE (CU Boulder, CSU)
    in preparation for an application to MS Math + CS/EE dual-master's degree program at a US state school TBD by Q4'21

To be Jedi is to face the truth...and choose.
    Give off light...or darkness, Padawan.
    Be a candle...or the night.
    (Yoda)
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just checking in to see if you passed the test. It has been a few years since I took it but I still remember the stress of the last week of study.

In the end what I did was make a packet tracer document and included every topic I could think of implemented in it. Unfortunately I lost that document because I would love to use it again for review. I think I am going to renew my CCNA next year and I am going to try and build an even bigger topology as I review the books again.
  • Options
    williebwillieb Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I see it's way past the time for you to take your test. I hope you passed. But fwiw, another +1 hands down Boson.
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320