Options

N10-006: Passed on the 21st July

JeetusJeetus Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
Tough exam. Best advice I can give -

- Know your VLSM! I absolutely cannot emphasise this enough
- Know your standards and speeds fibre, wireless et al
- Save the simulation questions till the end

I passed by the skin of my teeth but that was mainly down to laziness for which there is no real excuse - EVER!

Revision tips (may not work for everyone but these have always worked for me when I'm not being lazy):

Mike Meyers N10-006 Study Guide -

Read chapter
Print Chapter, read again and make notes of key items standards, speeds, lettering
Rinse repeat
Go over your notes repeatedly and don't just memorise but understand them

Have to say that I'm pretty chuffed since for god knows how long I kept telling myself - "I cannot subnet, I cannot subnet" but after just getting my head down and actually reading and understanding, the penny dropped :)

Logical step would be CCNA but I'm also looking at Security+. Will have a brief respite then Ill decide which I will go.

Comments

• Options
    Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Was that the only study material Mike Meyers? Any test simulations practice? I'm looking to get certified soon and I've taken a course and bought the exam cram book. This test seems very hard with the way you guys are making it out to be but I'm planning on taking the n10-007.
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! Don't lose your momentum. Definitely rest and then get back on it.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    JeetusJeetus Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Basic85 wrote: »
    Congrats! Was that the only study material Mike Meyers? Any test simulations practice? I'm looking to get certified soon and I've taken a course and bought the exam cram book. This test seems very hard with the way you guys are making it out to be but I'm planning on taking the n10-007.

Hello mate. That was the only study material I used with some Prof. Messer videos here and there. No simulation practice though I work in IT and have 2 very clued up network admins to hand who were able to corroborate on the things I was learning and also give me nudges in the right direction if I wasn't quite grasping things.

My biggest blocker was subnetting and that was a blocker I placed on myself. Once I got over that hurdle and I had my light bulb moment the rest pretty much fell into place.

I'm pretty sure someone on here advised that the N10-006 exam was aimed at network admins hence the difficulty level. The N10-007 is aimed at a more network tech level, though I wouldn't dare to assume that means it is any easier.