Options

Passed CISSP today (provisionally)

MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was so thrilled when I received my score report.

My study resources:
Safari course by Sari Green (all 3 of them, old and new) - This was my primary learning source and highly recommend it
Larry Greenblatt videos - ehhhh. I paid $99 for his videos. He knows his stuff, but if I paid for his full bootcamp, I'd be mad :)
Boson - excellent practice tests - highly recommend this
Sybex Practice Tests - I know this product gets a lot of hate, but I recommend it. I bought the kindle version, but only used the online testing engine. It definitely has bugs, but wasn't too bad

Sybex CISSP 8th Edition: I did not read this book cover to cover, if I read 10% of it, that's a lot. I only read up on topics that I knew I was weak on after I took the practice exams. However, if I did it over again, I'd probably read this book cover to cover. The only reason why I didn't is because I'm a slow reader and wanted to complete this exam in 2018 :)

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    thank you both!!!

On the endorsement process. Not sure if I'll need ISC2 endorse me
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MitM wrote: »
    Sybex CISSP 8th Edition: I did not read this book cover to cover, if I read 10% of it, that's a lot. I only read up on topics that I knew I was weak on after I took the practice exams. However, if I did it over again, I'd probably read this book cover to cover. The only reason why I didn't is because I'm a slow reader and wanted to complete this exam in 2018 :)

Congrats on passing the exam! icon_cheers.gif Same as you, if I read the entire book, I would probably be taking the test late 2019 or early 2020. icon_lol.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    thanks to you both!
    Congrats on passing the exam! icon_cheers.gif Same as you, if I read the entire book, I would probably be taking the test late 2019 or early 2020. icon_lol.gif

LOL exactly!
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So... what's next for you?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!! Now that you've got the Cisco certs and CISSP, what are your goals as far as any other certs or career?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    What's next is a break! haha

After my break, I'm not sure what is next. I need to renew my CCNP by the 3rd quarter of 2019. Initially my plan was complete CCNP Security and then go for the CISSP. However, it just stopped making sense to do that. To renew, I'll probably just take the CCNP Switch exam. I also recently became a Cybersecurity Manager, so I have a lot to learn overall. I spent years as a windows/vmware admin, then moved to network engineering, so my base is very strong. I think I want to focus less on exams for a bit (mostly the exam pressure) and focus strictly on increasing my knowledge.

If I was going to sit for a cert, the one that probably interests me the most right now is ISC2 CCSP. AWS/Azure are also options.