Options

Passed CCNA R&S

layer8problemslayer8problems Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the CCNA. icon_cheers.gifGlad that I did not wait until I "felt" ready. I covered the blueprint and took the exam.

Can't say how long it took because I started 4 years ago and got sidetracked by life, medical issues and other certs.
I used Pluralsight vids and the OCG to fill in gaps, and labbing of course.

I saw a lot of what I didn't think would get emphazied, and very little of what I thought I would need to be hyper focused on....I guess you never know until you are sitting for the exam.

Next is CCDA and CCNA Security

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    johndabomb44johndabomb44 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man!
  • Options
    USr1deMCUSr1deMC Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Mike RMike R Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Did you take the combined exam or split it up with ICND1/2?
  • Options
    Deáthmáge85Deáthmáge85 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, Storage+, CySA+, CASP+ (003 & 004), VCP-DCV 5, VCP-DCV/NV 6, MCSE x 2: Core Infrastructure & Productivity (2016), Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator, Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty, Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate, Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate

Current Pursuit: Azure & O365 Renewals

:2023 Goals: 
     Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500), Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate (AZ-800 & AZ-801), Microsoft Certified: Azure Cybersecurity Architect (SC-100)

:2024 Goals:
    VCP7-DCV, CCSP, CISSP, CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP

:2025 Goals:
    Linux+, RHSA, PenTest+, C|EH, OSCP, Azure & O365 Renewals
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Excellent work!
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    hazelor13hazelor13 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Can you give some advice how to pass the exam? I am planning to take the exam this month. Thanks
  • Options
    layer8problemslayer8problems Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    *UPDATE* Passed the CCDA and Working on CCNA Security

hazelor13 said:
    Congrats! Can you give some advice how to pass the exam? I am planning to take the exam this month. Thanks

HAZELOR13 Know the items on the blue print, be sure to lab. Then lab again. For example, setting up an EIGRP network once is the fun part, doing it 10 more times from scratch is the painful part that will help you pass.